Italics

GoblinCatcher

Check the box (under Details) that says "The descriptions below are in HTML".

Then put the tags <i> </i> at the start and end of the words you want to italicise.

Check the boxes at the bottom of your cache page and then 'Submit Changes".

MrsB :)

Thanks for that. I had not noticed the "The descriptions below are in HTML" checkbox.

You can also use BBC markup if you do NOT check that HTML box. [b ][/b ] for bold, [i ][/i ] for italic and so on.

For an easy way to edit your listing, copy the text you have, open a new window and go to one of the forums and use either the quick reply or the full editor to edit the text for the listing. You then can use all the nice buttons up top for bolding and other formatting options. If you use the full editor, you can even preview it. When you are done, do NOT post your message, instead, simply copy all the text from it and paste it back in your cache description.

To be honest, I don't know why they don't offer a BBC editor on the cache edit/add screens.

Edited by Wolfiesden

You can also use BBC markup if you do NOT check that HTML box. [b ][/b ] for bold, [i ][/i ] for italic and so on.

For an easy way to edit your listing, copy the text you have, open a new window and go to one of the forums and use either the quick reply or the full editor to edit the text for the listing. You then can use all the nice buttons up top for bolding and other formatting options. If you use the full editor, you can even preview it. When you are done, do NOT post your message, instead, simply copy all the text from it and paste it back in your cache description.

To be honest, I don't know why they don't offer a BBC editor on the cache edit/add screens.

Wow, that would be even easier. Never mind I have done it in html now. I write websites in html using notebook so I am familiar with it.