No pocket queries for two days

skydiver

Yesterday, I only received one of the three pocket queries I should have, and the same two I didn't get yesterday I usually have several hours before now, but so far nothing today either. Why are they so inconsistent and flakey???

skydiver-sig.gif

---------------------------------------

"We never seek things for themselves -- what we seek is the very seeking of things."

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

quote:
Originally posted by skydiver:

Yesterday, I only received one of the three pocket queries I should have, and the same two I didn't get yesterday I usually have several hours before now, but so far nothing today either.

Actually, it looks like you had four queries scheduled to run but only one did. Not sure why that is. I'll watch it today and see if I can find out what's happening.

frog.gif Elias

This thread got me to thinking that I had also not recieved my queries for several days. I went to look at my queries and the link was gone. Then later while cruising around I got a "You have to be a member to access this area" notice. Doh! I messed up my subscription and my membership expired 4/12. That's probably not your problem, but that's the only time I've ever missed mine.

I've been getting "your query is empty" emails for one of mine. I thought that was interesting. Sounds like you should get an email one way or another. Did you typo your email in 'send this query to another email'? I did that once and that ended up being the issue.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Saving geocaches - one golf ball at a time.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif

quote:
Originally posted by GrizzlyJohn:

Had 5 scheduled to run on Sunday, nothing.

All 5 of your queries were generated and sent out on Sunday. They were delivered to your mail server between 4:50 AM and 5:00 AM pacific time.

We must have had some gremlins on Monday because I'm not sure why those didn't go out. But I see the 5 queued for today so you should be getting those shortly.

frog.gif Elias

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:

quote:
Originally posted by skydiver:

Yesterday, I only received one of the three pocket queries I should have, and the same two I didn't get yesterday I usually have several hours before now, but so far nothing today either.

Actually, it looks like you had four queries scheduled to run but only one did. Not sure why that is. I'll watch it today and see if I can find out what's happening.

frog.gif Elias

Yes, you're right it was four. Thanks for checking into it. Since I converted my point system over to using the GPX files, it's very dependent on those files getting sent out. When they don't go out, the system doesn't get updated, and those people that use it to compete against each other start to get antsy bug me about it.

skydiver-sig.gif

"We never seek things for themselves -- what we seek is the very seeking of things."

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:All 5 of your queries were generated and sent out on Sunday. They were delivered to your mail server between 4:50 AM and 5:00 AM pacific time.

We must have had some gremlins on Monday because I'm not sure why those didn't go out. But I see the 5 queued for today so you should be getting those shortly.

Man now I have to go female dog at those people and see what their problem is. Thanks for your help.

I have a couple of pocket queries that run daily, and I haven't seen anything in my mailbox since Sunday morning, either (it is now late afternoon Tuesday here).

I even tried to "refresh" the queries by submitting them again yesterday, but still nothing.

John

--

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif

"I saw two shooting stars last night,

I wished on them--but they were only satellites!

Is it wrong to wish on space hardware?

I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care."

--Billy Bragg, "A New England"

Ok here is what I figured out about my queries. The ones that came early Sunday AM were in fact my Sunday PQs. I think because they came early in the day I got in my mind that they were the Saturday ones. In any case I must have set up the Monday ones early in the day on Sunday. They did not come. Then set them for Tuesday. They did come but did not show up until about 10:30 p.m. on the east coast.

I am not complaining about that but that is a big difference between Elias saying they would be there shortly and when they really came. If he really thought they should go shortly then he needs to know that that did not happen and there seems to be some kind of a problem.

So, yesterday I recieved all three that were scheduled before 1:00 AM. Usually, I get the first before 1:00 AM, and the rest stroll in sometime before 6:00 AM (except on the days that I have four scheduled, in which case the fourth wanders in sometime in the late afternoon). Today, it's now 8:30 AM in my time zone, and the first has yet to show up. Rarely when it goes this long before receiving the first do I get anything at all, so my hopes aren't high for today.

skydiver-sig.gif

For me it's pretty much the same as SkyDiver. I received my PQs yesterday around 1am, and if they're not here by 6am or so I usually don't get them. I didn't get any on 4/14 or 4/15, then I got them yesterday and today as of 11:54am I don't have them again. Has there been a change in how they're sent out? I know I saw something about people with higher number queries not getting theirs a while back and that it'd be changed to start up where it left off--that could explain today if that's the case.

In both cases, I changed some of my PQs and then they didn't show up the next day (so I'm still waiting to get what I changed it to yesterday.)