Unable to download Cache data to Garmin

Dakota48

I just got started with geocaching and am finding that I can not download cache information to my connected Garmin Dakota unit via usb cable. I downloaded Communicator 4.0.1 ,the Garmin Web updater and am a premium member. I tried many approaches to download cache info.but my Dakota unit still shows that none have been accepted.

What do I need to do to make this work?

Click the GPX button instead and save the file in the garmin\gpx folder.

The Garmin plugin has some 'issues' on a MAC - there is a beta version that fixes the issue.

Thanks, will give it a try and will look into Mac's Beta version.

Can not find a beta mac version and unable to download paperless cache files to my Garmin Dakota. Tried the gpx method and can not get it show up on the garmin. What am I missing?

Can not find a beta mac version and unable to download paperless cache files to my Garmin Dakota. Tried the gpx method and can not get it show up on the garmin. What am I missing?

Try rolling back to an earlier version of Communicator.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=290028&view=findpost&p=4966614

For GPX file, what you need to do is after clicking on the GPX button, save the GPX file on the /Garmin/GPX folder on your Dakota 20.