What Android App can I use to PLACE a cache

Swallows2

It best if you use a good handheld unit to place the cache. But whatever app your using should have a way of showing your current coords. So when you place the cache write down the coords, Walk away and back again, then record the coords again. Do this several times and take an average of the reading and you have the coords you can publish.

It best if you use a good handheld unit to place the cache. But whatever app your using should have a way of showing your current coords. So when you place the cache write down the coords, Walk away and back again, then record the coords again. Do this several times and take an average of the reading and you have the coords you can publish.

Thanks you. I did have an Etrex and that was great. But I have not got that now. So, I have to use my phone. At the moment I can't find an app that I can use. I have been using Memory Map but it seems it is not accurate. So, I am looking for a simple app to record my co-ordinates if anybody knows of one.

Bri

I have the geocaching app for my Android phone and it works well. But I wish to place caches with it too. What programme can I use to mark the co-ordinates of the cache please?

Hello,

last time I used c:geo but yesterday I downloaded a new app which is really useful for GPS navigation: it's called OruxMaps (absolutely free). Works fine like a charm... try it.