So ironic...

aniyn

I went out today to check on a series of hiking caches I own. On the way between the fifth and sixth caches I past a hat on the ground. Normally I wouldn't bother with a grimey old upside-down hat, but this is in the middle of nowhere, well away from any roads. So I flipped it over.

hat.jpg

And almost fell over laughing.

I went out today to check on a series of hiking caches I own. On the way between the fifth and sixth caches I past a hat on the ground. Normally I wouldn't bother with a grimey old upside-down hat, but this is in the middle of nowhere, well away from any roads. So I flipped it over.

hat.jpg

And almost fell over laughing.

LOL! Thanks for the chuckle!

I still just see the hat, no idea what is underneath. A twinkie? An irate june bug? Waldo?

Hint: They found the hat. What does it say?

Austin

I'm glad that SOMEBODY besides me "got it"! :lol: Seems pretty obvious to me.

Same here. I was very surprise that a few people didnt get it. :unsure:

so where do the tetanus shot come in?

ironic

I don't get it. Tetanus isn't iron it's a bacteria.

You have clearly never stepped on an iron rusty nail. The doctor's first question is "When was your last tetanus booster?"

Austin

Fixed it for ya. :)

SF: sorry, the physician (or NP or PA) will ask you that question even if the nail (or whatever caused the penetrating injury) is brand new.

HAHA cool.. did you take away the trash ?

or put it into a geocache near by, that will be trading up in many cases :-)

I took it with me. I'm going to try and find the owner - shouldn't be too hard since that cache has only been found 10 times.

ironic

You have clearly never stepped on an iron rusty nail. The doctor's first question is "When was your last tetanus booster?"

Austin

Fixed it for ya. :)

SF: sorry, the physician (or NP or PA) will ask you that question even if the nail (or whatever caused the penetrating injury) is brand new.

Maybe so but the iron has nothing to do with it. It is the puncture wound that they are concerned about.

The puncture could be from plastic, iron, wood, or whatever.

ironic

You have clearly never stepped on an iron nail. The doctor's first question is "When was your last tetanus booster?"

Austin

Doctors ask that question whenever you have deep wound. It isn't because of the iron. Iron doesn't cause tetanus. If it did we would be in big trouble because our blood is full of iron. Tetanus is a bacteria. You get it when you have a wound that is deep enough to introduce the tetanus bacteria to your body. If you stepped on a nail made from steel, brass or even wood your Doctor would still be concerned about tetanus. Not because of what it is made out of but because of the fact that you stepped on it means that it was most likely not very clean and could be harboring the tetanus bacteria that now got pushed in to your body.

ironic

You have clearly never stepped on an iron nail. The doctor's first question is "When was your last tetanus booster?"

Austin

Doctors ask that question whenever you have deep wound. It isn't because of the iron. Iron doesn't cause tetanus. If it did we would be in big trouble because our blood is full of iron. Tetanus is a bacteria. You get it when you have a wound that is deep enough to introduce the tetanus bacteria to your body. If you stepped on a nail made from steel, brass or even wood your Doctor would still be concerned about tetanus. Not because of what it is made out of but because of the fact that you stepped on it means that it was most likely not very clean and could be harboring the tetanus bacteria that now got pushed in to your body.

I can't believe you guys are seriously discussing tetanus here!!! :lol:

ironic

WIKI

Tetanus is often associated with rust, especially rusty nails, but this concept is somewhat misleading. Objects that accumulate rust are often found outdoors, or in places that harbor anaerobic bacteria, but the rust itself does not cause tetanus nor does it contain more C. tetani bacteria. The rough surface of rusty metal merely provides a prime habitat for a C. tetani endospore to reside, and the nail affords a means to puncture skin and deliver endospore into the wound.

ironic

Austin

I bet your favorite "Big Bang Theory" character is Sheldon. ;)

I'm starting to feel foolish for immediately getting both the hat and ironic references. :blink:

OP should have posted it in OT. Would have received a much more positive response. Most of the OT regulars would pick up on both references quickly. :anibad:

I picked it up really fast on the first day the thread was posted. :laughing:

I'm starting to feel foolish for immediately getting both the hat and ironic references. :blink:

OP should have posted it in OT. Would have received a much more positive response. Most of the OT regulars would pick up on both references quickly. :anibad:

I picked it up really fast on the first day the thread was posted. :laughing:

I try not to spend too much time on the dark side anymore. I didn't see it until today when KC bumped it. I didn't pay attention to the dates.

(And apparently humor is lost on some of the folks in this forum. Or they can't read.) <_<

I feel that way also. It seems like some people are too concentrated on trying to catch someone else in a slip-up or typo <_<

*Edited, ironically (ha!), for a typo...

Edited by Mitragorz