Keep getting raw code??

CCrew

I don't know if it's just me, but if it is, it's limited to this site alone, so just thought I'd mention it.

Frequently browsing the forums, and using the "back" button, instead of getting a page displayed, I'm getting a page full of raw code. Not raw code as in "show source" mind you, but raw code in the form of the cookie insertion code, all scripting etc just like I had the raw source page off the server instead of the processed page source.

Browser is IE6 with the Feb Security updates on XP Pro with all patches if it helps anyone debug. It happens enough I can easily do a cut and paste if one of the admins would like it forwarded..

Regards,

Roger

Sometimes a majority only means that all the fools are on the same side

I noticed that too. We're running the forums on a pre-production box at InfoPop. So occasionally we have to deal with some of the quirks of an ever changing codebase.

Fortunately we have opted to go with our own dedicated machine, but have had issues with transferring all of the messages from this forum base to the new one. Once this happens, however, we'll have full access to the forum data which will help us better integrate the Groundspeak forums with the Geocaching.com site.

Hopefully it will be soon... Each upgrade of this forum brings us farther forward to UBBx.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Listen, I don't know a lot about this stuff, but Microsoft had 3 critcal updates that they brought out in early Feb. One is some sort of HTML Help in restricted mode thing. One is some XP thing. The big one is an ie security update. They screwed this one up. It can prevent you from accessing site that you were previously registered on, such as MSN Hotmail accounts. They have a hot fix patch to fix the original patch. It threw me for a loop when I did the install and I had to do a system restore to get things working again. I have not yet tried the patch again and the patch to the patch.

I'm not sure which of these updates is causing your problems, but hope this info helps some.

4497_300.jpg