Garmin E Trex H - HELP

cases03

I own a Garmin E Trex H, and I have the cable to it to be able to load geocaches to it. However, I am VERY confused. Can somebody please help me and tell me how to do this?

OR, if there is a better gps that I should invest in, I would like that feedback as well.

Thanks!

OR, if there is a better gps that I should invest in, I would like that feedback as well.

Depends on your budget, but the Garmin Etrex 20 would be what I'd recommend for a cheap new unit...or check ebay...

What cable have you? Is it a serial one or USB?

I think you can use 'send to GPS' on the website, but I use GSAK to send caches to the one I have.

Depends on your budget, but the Garmin Etrex 20 would be what I'd recommend for a cheap new unit...or check ebay...

What cable have you? Is it a serial one or USB?

I think you can use 'send to GPS' on the website, but I use GSAK to send caches to the one I have.

I believe I have the USB cord. I will have to check when I get home. Is there an easy way to see the full cache with all the information on any GPS? Plus I use a seperate Garmin GPS in my vehicle to locate the gps. Is there an easier way for that?

Thanks!

I own a Garmin E Trex H, and I have the cable to it to be able to load geocaches to it. However, I am VERY confused. Can somebody please help me and tell me how to do this?

Thanks!

I just purchased on of these models as well on sale. If you are a premium member you can create pocket queries to enable you to add multiple entries or use the send to gps function. Unfortunately as I am quickly finding out there is a limit of 1000 waypoints you can add at any one time so I have a number of queries I have depending on the area I am going to. With this Garmin model there is a free application on the GArmin site called basecamp which you can import the gpx files into and drag and drop them directly to your E Trex H. You get the Cache name and creator in the notes field and the coordinates. Unfortunately the hints and log files do not come over to the GPS and as you know there are really no map to speak of. THis is not the unit to go paperless but will do the job if you do not mind printing sheets on occasion. All this being said I only started Geocaching about 2.5 weeks ago but have 103 findss already so it does work.

A couple of ways, use a program like easygps, Gsak, these work well with premium membership as you can send bulk via a query, else just click on the send to GPS button on the page individually once you have your GPS plugged in and recognized, I have one of these and I find I also have to print out the cache notes just to make sure it is the cache i want to grab as only the cache code is in the GPS no hints or logs. Also use geocache navigator on my Black berry - use this most of the time and use the etrex for multi's or to check the phone coordinates when placing caches or checking coords.