Topo! Explorer RAGE!

bangshift440rt

I have a Magellan Triton 400, and I WAS a subscriber to National Geographic Topo! Explorer... Well I got an email a while back that they were shutting down for whatever greedy reason, and that I had to use up my quad credits.... So, I download all of these quads from the website and saved them. I have 25 total I think, and they are all saved as .pdf files for whatever reason and I can't use them! I had them all saved on my Triton but when I went to use it the other day all I had was the normal background map. Not sure if I pressed something, or if being without a battery deleted them, no idea.

So the question is, how do I get my maps back on my GPS? I have since reinstalled Windows XP on my computer due to a trojan, and had to re-install the Topo! software. None of my maps show up on the software, and when I click import maps, it doesn't have an option for pdf files. HELP!!!! Thanks in advance.

This is unreal.... I pay a company for maps and then they randomly decide to delete a service! I geocache about 1 day ever few months due to a busy life, and it NEVER WORKS!!!! Always something wrong, either the maps aren't there like this time, or the geocaches are gone like last time... Is there something I am doing to constantly deletes all of the data from my GPS?

I have a Magellan Triton 400, and I WAS a subscriber to National Geographic Topo! Explorer... Well I got an email a while back that they were shutting down for whatever greedy reason, and that I had to use up my quad credits.... So, I download all of these quads from the website and saved them. I have 25 total I think, and they are all saved as .pdf files for whatever reason and I can't use them! I had them all saved on my Triton but when I went to use it the other day all I had was the normal background map. Not sure if I pressed something, or if being without a battery deleted them, no idea.

So the question is, how do I get my maps back on my GPS? I have since reinstalled Windows XP on my computer due to a trojan, and had to re-install the Topo! software. None of my maps show up on the software, and when I click import maps, it doesn't have an option for pdf files. HELP!!!! Thanks in advance.

So, I download all of these quads from the website and saved them. I have 25 total I think, and they are all saved as .pdf files for whatever reason and I can't use them!

I don't use these maps, but I did some Googling and found this article. It contains the content of the email you probably received, with instructions on how to save the map data. If all you have is PDFs, it sounds like you may have skipped the first section titled "Downloading Purchased SuperQuads".

I downloaded as per the instructions and I had the actual maps on my unit, but I also saved the maps directly from the website where is said "download map" next to my superquads. When my computer became unusable due to some basement nerd making a virus, I went to use my backup.. Didn't know they downloaded as a pdf until today.

So, I download all of these quads from the website and saved them. I have 25 total I think, and they are all saved as .pdf files for whatever reason and I can't use them!

I don't use these maps, but I did some Googling and found this article. It contains the content of the email you probably received, with instructions on how to save the map data. If all you have is PDFs, it sounds like you may have skipped the first section titled "Downloading Purchased SuperQuads".