Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
all hat

Out of country reviewers?

It must have something to do with April Fools Day, but there have been a lot of new caches published this morning by reviewers from out of country. I just had 2 caches published here in Ontario - the first by a reviewer in France and the 2nd by a reviewer in Australia. Then I noticed a 3rd by a reviewer in Germany!!!

Same thing here in Belgium, a couple of caches were published by American and German reviewers ... hope the caches well be OK, for those reviewers don't understand dutch <_<:laughing:

Reviewer territories are being shifted around to prevent any sort of conflict of interest when reviewing their own or friends caches.

Reviewer territories are being shifted around to prevent any sort of conflict of interest when reviewing their own or friends caches.

Didn't think reviewers were allowed to have friends? :unsure:

Those zany, madcap Ontario reviewers are still at it. Stop it, my sides are splitting. And ST, your challenge caches? Not funny. Now if you and NYAdmin take off your socks and log them with your player accounts? That would be funny. :ph34r:

HAHA....Me thinks this is an April Fool's thing. It is funny as we have had 10+ caches published from all over the world reviewers. never get this kind of an onslaught.

And after contacting one of these reviewers directly..."mirror server is to be cleared up after midnight tonight." Hmmm makes that when April 2nd starts?:)

My son's first cache had an odd reviewer. I didn't think twice about it until reading this.

My son's first cache had an odd reviewer.

Wouldn't you naturally have to be a bit odd to volunteer to be a reviewer?

Well - that is true..... :blink:

My son's first cache had an odd reviewer.

Wouldn't you naturally have to be a bit odd to volunteer to be a reviewer

I wasn't going to jump in there about the "odd" thing, though I was mightily tempted.

The Reviewers sure seem to be having a lot of fun today. It's been a lot of fun reading the various comments and "published" notes.

GC3EMMP Caches around Twin Lakes Test page

GC3FY3W Ye Olde Bone Yard in Ontario, Canada:

Lindinis

[Reviewer] Reviewer

Publish Listing

04/01/2012

Udgivet. På grund af vejledende ændringer, som du måske nødt til at oversætte din beskrivelse.

Google translation: Published. Because of the guideline changes you may need to translate your description.

:lol:

The locals here in Colorado are cracking up over the reviewer battle going on with this cache: http://coord.info/GC3FX2Z

Yes, it's a real cache and its been fun following the action. :lol:

Oh geez! I wonder if the CO is one of the reviewers. :blink:

The locals here in Colorado are cracking up over the reviewer battle going on with this cache: http://coord.info/GC3FX2Z

LOL...the cache page disappear.

I just heard that GS is looking for new reviewers to replaced the one they fired today. <_<

Oh!! Its back again! Geez!

Edited by SwineFlew

I just heard that GS is looking for new reviewers to replaced the one they fired today. <_<

I can just imagine the zanyness going on in the super top-secret reviewer only forum right now. Sapience Trek has retracted his 3 challenge caches in the 3 major cities of the Western half of New York that require you to have published 1,000 caches. Lots of notes by other reviewers, and several "regular" cachers had logged the Rochester one as a find.

EDIT: Never mind, I just checked my email, and they've been republished. :huh:

Edited by Mr.Yuck

This is an example of what happens when reviewers have to much time on their hands.

I can just imagine the zanyness going on in the super top-secret reviewer only forum right now. Sapience Trek has retracted his 3 challenge caches in the 3 major cities of the Western half of New York that require you to have published 1,000 caches. Lots of notes by other reviewers, and several "regular" cachers had logged the Rochester one as a find.

U have the link?

This is an example of what happens when reviewers have to much time on their hands.

Too much time.. all winter long.

I can just imagine the zanyness going on in the super top-secret reviewer only forum right now.

U have the link?

The forum software will automatically burn your account to a cinder if it is posted.

Too much time.. all winter long.

Well...look who talking. :laughing:

Edited by SwineFlew

U have the link?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=Sapience+Trek+&submit4=Go

B.

U have the link?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=Sapience+Trek+&submit4=Go

B.

Thank you...

I think it is sad that people think this is something to have fun with...to create jocularity over....to indulge in childish behavior...to...oh heck with it "last one in is a rotten egg." "_ :laughing:

Maybe they are learning something new in other areas.Noticed some from Germany and other areas publishing them in Washington and California.

update:okay I missed the boat. That is way funny.

Edited by jellis

Maybe they are learning something new in other areas.Noticed some from Germany and other areas publishing them in Washington and California.

Not around here. Our reviewer is working so fast before other reviewers can do it. He's pretty fast for sure. :laughing:

Not around here. Our reviewer is working so fast before other reviewers can do it. He's pretty fast for sure. :laughing:

But noticed some in Southern Washington like GC3FPQX

The CO of this cache signed up today.

http://coord.info/GC3FX6C

April Fool? :unsure:

With a description and hint like that, how could you possibly think it could be anything but a legitimate cache? :laughing:

Yet, the FTF on the cache still dove right into a patch of poison oak just so they'd could get a FTF. :unsure:

Unfortunately, reviewer response times remained the same in Texas. :ph34r:

Wonder if some of these caches will disappear tomorrow.

I was wondering why a cache in New Jersey was published by a French reviewer. It's nice to see tha reviewers are permitted, on very rare occasion, to have some fun.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Groundspeak for letting me use the corporate jet to fly all around the world today, reviewing caches in far off lands. The things that I've seen! The people that I've met! It has been one of the best experiences of my life. You guys rock!!! :antenna: :antenna: :antenna:

Interesting. Our local reviewer is a local cacher, and he has been publishing his own caches today, and other days. :huh:

Interesting. Our local reviewer is a local cacher, and he has been publishing his own caches today, and other days. :huh:

He moved.

He moved.

Uh..? What? Not that I know of...

And moving shouldn't have anything to do with publishing their own caches, right? I'm just wondering what you meant by your observation, and where it came from.

Edited by NeverSummer

I'm confused. I thought that lack of a sense of humor was a requirement for becoming a reviewer. :huh:

On the contrary, it is a requirement.

I have a pay as you go cell phone. Each text message costs me a bit. I'd hate to have notifications turned on today!

The CO of this cache signed up today.

http://coord.info/GC3FX6C

April Fool? :unsure:

With a description and hint like that, how could you possibly think it could be anything but a legitimate cache? :laughing:

Yet, the FTF on the cache still dove right into a patch of poison oak just so they'd could get a FTF. :unsure:

You believe everything you read? :blink::laughing:

Unfortunately, reviewer response times remained the same in Texas. :ph34r:

Now that's very funny!! :anitongue::rolleyes::laughing:<_<:unsure: