Change Cache Name

Grizzly_67

You should be able to edit the cache name through the "edit listing" function.

Help Center → Geocaching → Cache Ownership: A Long-Term Relationship → Editing a Published Listing: Minor Change

6.10. Editing a Published Listing: Minor Change

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=201

Go to the cache page, click the "edit listing" option, and you should be able to make the edit in the "Cache Name" field, which is the 3rd box.

B.

I was made aware of a typo in a cache name I recently activated. Tried to correct the mistake through the "edit" function, but this does not work. Any hints appreciated... :huh:

It's rarely done, and most people never think about it, or have never tried it, but you can absolutely change the name of a cache (or slightly edit it), and always have been able to, as far as I know. I just did it a couple of weeks ago. I placed a Challenge Cache 2 days before the new "rules" came out, and they stated the word challenge has to appear in the cache name. So what the heck, I just added the word challenge to the end of my cache name. :lol:

You edit your listing, and simply edit the text in the "cache name" field. Remember to check those 2 little boxes at the bottom before hitting submit!