Portrait photo orientation

geenef

I have an Apple computer and edit my photos in iPhoto. I can crop and orient them correctly, but when I upload them to Waymarking, they appear in their original layout. This annoys me, and one particular Waymark owner. I do not use GSAK. Any suggestions for solving this problem?

I think iPhoto automatically reads the FxIF data and automatically orients the photos correctly. Unfortunately the image server for Waymarking does not. The only recommendation I have is to rotate the photos quarter turn and save so they appear sideways for you in iPhoto but will upload correctly. I rotate mine clockwise but depends on how you hold your camera.

I think iPhoto automatically reads the FxIF data and automatically orients the photos correctly. Unfortunately the image server for Waymarking does not. The only recommendation I have is to rotate the photos quarter turn and save so they appear sideways for you in iPhoto but will upload correctly. I rotate mine clockwise but depends on how you hold your camera.

iPhoto does read the EXIF metadata. The entire OS X operating system displays the photos with corrected orientation if that info is in the metadata, unlike Windows.

I use iPhoto as part of my process. I export the photos at Maximum quality, medium size as JPG files, and then upload to Waymarking. This behaviour is left over from when the Waymarking site would timeout when uploading large files. Conveniently, if one exports files from iPhoto that have been edited or are of a different size than the original, it seems to correct the orientation.