Geocache Navigator - Blackberry

Same here. I have the BB app and it can't connect to the remote server.

With my BB 9700 Bold the same problem has occured. I've deleted and reinstalled it, but no way. I have asked for the Trimble support, which has been fantastic, but it seems that the problem is with Groundspeak.

Even after reinstaling, I cannot connect my phone to my Geocaching profile anymore. It says "No account was found with the information provided." Is anybody

facing the same issue?

Thanks.

With my BB 9700 Bold the same problem has occured. I've deleted and reinstalled it, but no way. I have asked for the Trimble support, which has been fantastic, but it seems that the problem is with Groundspeak.

Even after reinstaling, I cannot connect my phone to my Geocaching profile anymore. It says "No account was found with the information provided." Is anybody

facing the same issue?

Thanks.

I asked Trimble this morning as it stopped working on my N8, here's the response:-

There seems to be some issue with the Geocaching.com website server. Please refer to the below forum link --- other users are also facing the same issue:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=293132&st=0&p=5008743&hl=server&fromsearch=1entry5008743

P.S --- Geocaching.com is a totally different site from ours and is run by another company called Groundspeak and hence we will need to wait from them to resolve the issue at their end. We will also raise the issue from our end.

We certainly apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Hello!!

I was having same problem all weekend with app on my blackberry....my brother fixed it today....went onto blackberry website...there is an update that needs to be done there....after he did that my Geocache Navigator worked again...you will need your keycode...then enter your phone number and PIN again.

He had to hook my phone up to computer to do the update right from the website because it wasn't going to my phone.

Hope this helps.

Jenny

I am still getting the server error trying to connect to geocaching.com from geocache navigator on my E71. I am just starting out with this application and still am trying to get my pin set up for logging from my phone but right now it won't even load the geocaches because of the server error. I am hoping after sleeping tonight, it will be fixed tomorrow...fingers crossed.

I asked Trimble this morning as it stopped working on my N8, here's the response:-

There seems to be some issue with the Geocaching.com website server. Please refer to the below forum link --- other users are also facing the same issue:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=293132&st=0&p=5008743&hl=server&fromsearch=1entry5008743

P.S --- Geocaching.com is a totally different site from ours and is run by another company called Groundspeak and hence we will need to wait from them to resolve the issue at their end. We will also raise the issue from our end.

We certainly apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Just tried Geocache Navigator on my Nokia N97 mini again. Initializing still ends in an error ; "error connecting to the server. Http status code : 401". The message is somewhat shorter than the one I had during the weekend but it still won't work.

The 401-error is an error that involves user authorisation. In other words ; it now connect to the geocaching.com server but then gets refused because the app is somehow not recognized.

Positive news ; at least something is done :)

Edited by gerlof101

same has been down for 3 days now, glad I am not on a streak at the moment would be real narky at that

That's whats realy frustrating for me at the moment. I have a streak going from the first of february till now (at least one cache a day). I still have a few geocaches in my list that I know where to find but that list won't last the week. Problem is I tend to rely a lot on my smartphone when it comes to caches I haven't visited before and usually it leads me quite close to the place where the cache is hidden. I will be realy upset when, through these problems, I will have to skip a day.

Just tried Ceocache Navigator on my Nokia. First it didn't work but then i noticed that I also couldn't us e mobile internet. So I mannualy set up a new internet connection and tried again. This time after initialisation my pin-code was asked again and I had to geuss (since I mostly use the same pincode in these cases that wasn't too hard). This time it worked and Geocache navigator started correctly. Now wondering how long that will last :).