Custom Route - Cache along the way - Nuvi 1300

Team Straight Cache

I did some searching and I think I found out what I want to do is not possible - but let me check.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 1300.

I created a custom route here on geocaching.com.

After creating the route I did a pocket query for caches along the way. Results were around 70.

I downloaded the results as a zip file. It was one folder with 2 files. A .gpx and a wpts.gpx.

I plugged in my Nuvi 1300 and copied those files over to the GPX folder.

I was able to see the caches in the Favorites menu on the Nuvi. I think listed by GC code.

Now I think I need the custom route. Otherwise, I just have the caches. To be sure, I could drive from cache to cache but some of them are far apart.

So I tried to copy over the custom route.

On the create a route page I clicked on 'Create GPX of route' and downloaded a single file that was 'routename.gpx.'

I then copied this over to the GPX folder on my Nuvi 1300.

Problem is, I can't see the route in the Favorites menu. I do see the file in the Nuvi's GPX folder when I look at in on my computer.

One post said that you can't upload custom routes to the Nuvi 1300. Is this true? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks

One post said that you can't upload custom routes to the Nuvi 1300. Is this true? Or am I doing something else wrong?

No, I think that post was correct. I did some Googling, and found this Garmin page. If you scroll down to the Maps & Memory section, the last line is:

Routes: 0

So it doesn't look like your GPS will accept routes.

Thanks. I'm playing around with Garmin's BaseCamp. It has a terrible interface. Hopefully it will let me upload a custom route.

No, I think that post was correct. I did some Googling, and found this Garmin page. If you scroll down to the Maps & Memory section, the last line is:

Routes: 0

So it doesn't look like your GPS will accept routes.

Thanks. I'm playing around with Garmin's BaseCamp. It has a terrible interface. Hopefully it will let me upload a custom route.

durr...not sure what I was thinking. If my 1300 doesn't accept custom routes BaseCamp aint going to help.