Can't log a cache due to ASP error

BaldEd

In trying to log a new cache at Norfolk Island I get a HTTP500;100 Internal Server Error - ASP error. The Technical Error (for support personnel) listed the following:

Error Type: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC drivers (0x80040E14)[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_cache_coordinates_Country'. The conflict occurred in database 'GEO', table 'Country_Old', column 'ID'. /hide/report.asp, line 373

This message is just gobbledegook to me. I have received this message every time I have tried to submit this cache. Help!

Hi!

quote:
Originally posted by BaldEd:

In trying to log a new cache at Norfolk Island I get a HTTP500;100 Internal Server Error - ASP error. The Technical Error (for support personnel) listed the following:

Error Type: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC drivers (0x80040E14)[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_cache_coordinates_Country'. The conflict occurred in database 'GEO', table 'Country_Old', column 'ID'. /hide/report.asp, line 373

This message is just gobbledegook to me. I have received this message every time I have tried to submit this cache. Help!

I got a similar ASP error when I was trying to enter a pretty long log. When I split up the log into two separate logs it worked. Is there a limitation concerning the length of a log?

The cache was this one.

cheers,

Gert

Short cuts make long delays.

quote:
Originally posted by Gert:

I got a similar ASP error when I was trying to enter a pretty long log. When I split up the log into two separate logs it worked. Is there a limitation concerning the length of a log?

This was my first thought too - I had the same problem with this log, which is a similar length to yours. But as the error message said something about 'Country', I'm not sure if that's the problem here.

SimonG.org - now with added blog!

To clear up any possible confusion I was trying to send a 'hide a cache' report for a cache I have placed on Norfolk Island not a 'log report'. My apololgies for using the wrong terminology. icon_frown.gif

I just wonder if there is a problem with selecting Norfolk Island from the drop down list of countries.

There is only one earlier cache on Norfolk Island (GC38CA) but I see that it was hidden using New South Wales, Australia as the country!!! Maybe mark and chrissy also had a problem lodging their 'hide a cache' report

I'm seeing similar messages when I've tried to open individual cache pages, or look at a 'nearby caches' list.

I figure as a nice-weather Sunday in many parts of the geocaching world, this may be due to heavy server loads. That's my guess.

"I'm sure she would have been thrilled to find so much pooh in a little metal box."

we've been trying to log caches most of the night,, and the site keeps teasing me. Every time I'm about to just give up, a page loads, just a slight glimmer of hope in a sea of error msgs.

Hope Jeremy feeds the hamster soon!

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.