Missing TB V discovered

Nonno's

Hi,

My Travel Bug codeed: TB4HRZV was placed in the Rock of Cashe in tipperary, Ireland. The cache was found twice afterwards but my TB was gone and never logged, i even emailed the two finders after and they said it wasnt in the cache. So I marked it missing..then it turned up in Norway - Horay! I think the person who found it hadnt logged it before i marked it missing, maybe due to travelling but this cacher discovered it, what does that mean and why cant I see the location in Norway. I have tried re-calculate distance, it didnt work, then moved it to its original location in the rock of cache and re-calculated, but alas still no joy - please help.

The cacher that retrieved it (uspn) found a cache in Ireland just 2 days ago, and the discover log mentioning it's in Norway was only yesterday. Presumably uspn was traveling and has only just come home, so they probably just haven't gotten around to dropping or dipping it in a cache yet. It's not at all uncommon for people to pick up or drop trackables while traveling, and may not be able to log the move until they get home. This could be days or weeks later. I wouldn't even consider marking a trackable as missing unless it had no activity for many, many months. 10 days is a bit too hasty.

As far as the calculated distance, as far as the website knows, the TB isn't in Norway. It's in the hands of uspn. Until they drop or dip it in another cache, there's no way for the site to know where it is.

First, this thread should be in the Travel Bug forum.

Second, WOW...you set it as "missing" waaaaay too quickly. :o

Going on the strength of just one person saying they didn't see it in a particular cache is not reason enough to mark it "missing".

How this situation can be corrected now, I have no idea. Hopefully, another member wise in the ways of tb's will come along and help (calling Mrs. B or Eartha...).

why cant I see the location in Norway.

I think you answered your own question with your next bit of info:

I have tried re-calculate distance, it didnt work, then moved it to its original location in the rock of cache

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

I can't add anything to what the A-Team have said.

It's all fine as far as I can see: It was retrieved by uspn, who's taken it to Norway, he's got his logging done, he's let somebody discover the TB, it shows as being in the hands of uspn.

"Discovered it" just means that the cacher kjerstih saw it somewhere (presumably in Norway) but hasn't taken it from uspn.

You won't see any mileage appear until it's dropped into another cache.

MrsB :)

Hi All,

Many thanks for your replies, being new to all this I appreciate your help. It seems yes I too hasty to mark it missing, when the 2 people said they didnt see it in the cache i assumed i was seen placing it. Will watch out for the new destination.Cheers