WM App

I started Waymarking recently and have found little support other than the Waymarking.com site to load to my GPS via GSAK. When I owned an iPhone, Blackberry and now a droid, There is no app available. Found an app for the 'new challenge' caches and actually works.

Will WM be supported by a mobile device?

Thanks for the new venture into WM

There is currently no Waymarking app on any platform available, and I am not aware of any plans to change this, either.

There are some apps that can help a bit, but not of then was developed with Waymarking in mind. e.g. GPX readers can display your closest WMs on smartphones, but you have to develop your own workflow to get them into the device.

Edited by fi67

It would be helpful if there was an app that listed waymarks in an area. Convenient to avoid 'double dipping', and for identifying waymarks for a visit (for those who like to visit). However, I have found that the website displays adequately on my iPhone while in the field. Not as good as a dedicated app, but workable.

It is possible to design or re-design a website so that it is formatted for a mobile device. Possibly Waymarking.com can look at this in the future?

I have been able to create a waymark just using my Android phone browser. The only thing it doesn't do that it probably could is to grab the coordinates.

I wonder if they couldn't put a little button next to the coordinates that says "Use current coordinates" like the main page of GC.com offers for searching for geocaches. It would be nice to have a skeleton waymark created while I was still on site.

I have been able to create a waymark just using my Android phone browser. The only thing it doesn't do that it probably could is to grab the coordinates.

Were you able to attach photos to it from your phone using the Upload photos page?

Were you able to attach photos to it from your phone using the Upload photos page?

I load the gpx into Locus Pro on my Android phone. The gpx lite is enough to find the location (co-ords, brief description), and then log them when I get home

Yes, I can both upload from my Android browser, and I can also use the camera at that time to get the picture. One paths says somthing like choose from the ASTRO Gallery, and the other says camera.

Yes, I can both upload from my Android browser, and I can also use the camera at that time to get the picture. One paths says somthing like choose from the ASTRO Gallery, and the other says camera.

I think the app Maverick will load the lite files, but it won't say type or name on it :-/