Fix my total cache count?

TheLoneB34r

So it says I have found 320 total caches, (319 Distinct). Why does it do this? Does it mean I accidently logged a cache twice? any help would be great. I like my stats to be not all mucked about. Thanks!

I don't use GSAK, so what I would do is download my list of finds to an Excel spreadsheet and then sort on GC# or name and look for the duplicate.

Oh, I got it fixed! thanks guys! Now the only problem is, it threw off all of my milestones, which I had chosen, haha. Oh well. Thanks!

If you haven't done so you should lock your milestones. That way if something happens, like if a CO deletes one of your find, your milestones won't shift to all different caches.

I am sure there are a few caches that I've forgotten to log. I also suspect that I've had at lest one found it log delete when a CO decided to reuse the listing for another cache and delete all the log entries, but I can't tell because I don't have any backup records of my geocaching.

I use my milestone to showcase caches that I like. I'll select a cache that I like from the ones that I did near that milestone. Sometimes it is the cache that GC says is my milestone and sometimes it isn't. I also don't always log the caches in the order that I find them.

Although I mostly use the listings on geocaching.com to find geocaches they aren't the only geocache listing website. If I count all the geocaches that I have found that changes my geocache milestones slightly too.

Make your milestone caches what you want them to be. You know which caches are your milestones better than some website.