dreams

I am pretty new to geocaching but have been wanting to for years. last night I had a dream that I found a cache in a cardboard shoebox with two winter coats , a pair of snowpants, an adult tshirt, and some other little trinkets . I even dreamed the size of the clothing. ((not anyone in my family,) go figure. what are some other dreams anyone's had about caching?

I am pretty new to geocaching but have been wanting to for years. last night I had a dream that I found a cache in a cardboard shoebox with two winter coats , a pair of snowpants, an adult tshirt, and some other little trinkets . I even dreamed the size of the clothing. ((not anyone in my family,) go figure. what are some other dreams anyone's had about caching?

That would be a Large cache.

I've had some dreams of geocaching, but usually they make even less sense that what I often go through to get a find. :laughing:

I find any activity repeated for hours may manifest itself in dreams. In college I played Euchre in a marathon session and found when I had gone to bed, I kept dreaming of holding all four jacks and a nine.

When I've had a long day of caching I do have dim memories of searching for and/or finding caches in my dreams.

I solved a particularly difficult cache in a dream once. I had previously DNF'd it twice. The dream told me exactly where to look! I was so excited that I took the next day off from work and drove the 20 or so miles to the cache. Walked with supreme confidence over to the picnic shelter where it was hidden, and...

Came home and logged my 3rd DNF.

I solved a particularly difficult cache in a dream once. I had previously DNF'd it twice. The dream told me exactly where to look! I was so excited that I took the next day off from work and drove the 20 or so miles to the cache. Walked with supreme confidence over to the picnic shelter where it was hidden, and...

Came home and logged my 3rd DNF.

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry to laugh at your expense, but that right there was funny stuff! :lol:

I solved a puzzle cache after the answer came to me in a dream.... But I never went and found the cache. :rolleyes:

That cache seems quite...EVIL! :blink: Not too hard to solve, though! :)

I was very much into codes and secret writing as a kid. I should have got it right away, but I had also never tried my hand at that type of code. After a few days of trying to figure it out, my subconscious got tired and coughed up the answer.

Also geowyz, the original hider, was the local geo-gawd at the time. His caches were always something real special and folks would drive 100 miles to get one of his caches.

I thought I had replied to this month old thread I'm bumping. Either I was just thinking of replying, or I did in another one. Had I posted, I would have said "I've had many dreams about Geocaching, but none vivid enough I remembered the details for more than a day or two".

So last night, I have one. I dreamt that I won a trip to London UK, to visit the HQ of internet radio station/music social network site LastFm.com. I've been a huge LastFm user for about 3 years. So one of their employees finds out I'm a Geocacher, he says he is one too, and he's going to take me out, as I have no rental car, and probably couldn't figure out the whole driving on the wrong side of the road thing. He takes me to a bunch of caches, all of which he seems to have already found himself. I ask, and he says he has about 800 finds. One he takes me to is a park-n-grab micro at some kind of small public water park. There are hundreds of people there, and my GPS says 95 feet straight into the crowd. I'm like "Go to the next one, I don't find crap like this", and he seems shocked I'm not going to go into the crowd to look for a micro.

I suppose that's about it. They do give away trips to London to see concerts (and probably with a tour of HQ), so hey, you never know. :P