NEW GEOCOIN: The Celtic Compass

jpbarr

Paddy was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking place. Looking up to heaven he said, "Lord take pity on me. If you find me a parking place I will go to Mass every Sunday for the rest of me life and give up the drink." Miraculously, a parking place appeared. Paddy looked up again and said, "Never mind, I found one.”

Mr. Smith was travelling through Europe. When he visited the Pope, he noticed a red phone on a small table in the corner of the office. After several minutes of conversation, Smith asked the Pope what the red phone was for. The Holy Father told him that it was a very special phone with a direct line to God. However, the Pope told Smith that he rarely used it because it cost $20,000 a minute from the Vatican. Without another thought, Smith accepted this explanation. Later, when Smith visited Ireland, he saw another red phone in the Archbishop's office. Being curious, Smith asked the Archbishop what it was for. The Archbishop told Smith it was a direct line to God, and he used it whenever he had a puzzling question or concern. Smith asked if the calls were quite expensive since the Pope had to pay $20,000 a minute when he used his red phone in the Vatican. "Oh no," replied the Archbishop, "In Ireland it's a local call."

Well I've seen a couple repeats of the same jokes, so some people may want to read the previous jokes before posting theirs. Anywho,

Finnegan: My wife has a terrible habit of staying up 'til two o'clock in the morning. I can't break her of it.

Keenan: What on earth is she doin' at that time?

Finnegan: Waitin' for me to come home from the pub.

ok... here is a silly-funny dialoge - joke...

an Irish cacher went to Mega-Finland... it was a great event...

a cacher from finland who didn't know a lot of english started talking to him!

- Hello... you irish that has cointest jokes in forum?

- Yes! I am having this cointest I am asking for irish jokes and the price is a geocoin!

- oh... me tell you a joke here... and win?

- no... I am afraid you have to post the joke to participate!

- oh... post the joke? send it by post? but you here!

- hahahaha no! post it in the forum, in the cointest! I mean write the joke there... it is not finished yet!

- hmm... no Finish? But I finnish.. so no play?

- you finished? when did you start??

- no start! no said joke!

- but you said you finished!

- yes! me Finnish!

- and what was the joke?

- joke? tell you joke now?

-... huh... here is a coin... you won!

- won? oh... won and not say joke yet! WOW!!

- what was the joke anyway???

- oh.. joke... about crazy greek write joke with irish and finnish! :laughing:

ok.. I said it was a silly thing that just came in my mind! :laughing:

I hope you had a great time there! :)

Hey all, after trying so hard to work out a winner we just went with a draw from everyone who posted a joke although we did have a couple of repeat jokes so these were not allowed.

Everyones name put on a piece of paper:

img795.jpg

And my son Kristjan picked the winner.

And the winner is ...........

img798v.jpg

Congratulations!! Hot Pepper Crew

Send me your address via my profile and I will sent you my AE of the Celtic Compass.

Thanks to everyone who took part and I hope you all had a laugh, I know we did :laughing:

Congrats Hot Pepper Crew. So the logical follow up question is where does a strapping Irish lad such as myself acquire one of these beautiful coins the "other" way? (Okay, so I'm not quite so strapping. But I'm Irish!)

The four RE versions are available from http://cacheaddict.com/ but the AE is only through me.

There is only 10 AE minted and I will be thinking very carefully as to how I let them go :)

I had hoped to have a photo of my AE to put up here by now but I don't. So as not to keep you all hanging I will unveil my AE with the Mint art and add the photo as soon as I have one :)

celticcompassaemint.jpg

The AE of the Celtic Compass is named "Jaaniöö". Which means St. John's Night and is the shortest night of the year in Estonia, where I now live. The colors are like the sky. You have the yellow for the sun, the light blue glitter is like the sky nearest the sun, the darker blue is the sky away from the sun light, the black is the shadows that edge everything and the coin finish is Antique Silver to represent the moon that is out in the background.

I hope you like it :)

I had put an antique bronze one on order with a reservation in June, but when I tried to buy it today, the site said they were out of stock. What is up with that? :unsure:

If you already reserved one then you should be alright. Cache addict got their shipment of coins at the end of last week and they will be putting the orders together from the reservations. If you haven't received an invoice then shoot them an email.

Unfortunately Mike only ordered 100 of these so you want to email him today.

Super cool AE! Can't wait to get it in the mail. You told us the name of the AE, but not how to pronounce it. Can you give us the name phonetically? Otherwise I just might have to call him George.

Well I have had a bit of trouble finding the official pronunciation so this is my try and I hope it works out :P Jaaniöö = Jah-nee-er............Now also known as George :P

I had put an antique bronze one on order with a reservation in June, but when I tried to buy it today, the site said they were out of stock. What is up with that? :unsure:

If you already reserved one then you should be alright. Cache addict got their shipment of coins at the end of last week and they will be putting the orders together from the reservations. If you haven't received an invoice then shoot them an email.

Unfortunately Mike only ordered 100 of these so you want to email him today.

Yeah, I did put in the reservation in June and I got the invoice email today that said they were ready to purchase. When I tried to add it to my cart, it said it was out of stock. I did email them. Thanks.

Still hoping for an AE, too! :)

Glad you are all starting to get them through and your compliments are always a nice bonus for me. You guys have got your coins before me :laughing:

I can see by the tracking that it has left the US so I should be getting my shipment this week. Enjoy this design and look out for more as I have 3 more on the go B)