NEW GEOCOIN: The Celtic Compass

jpbarr

Here it is, The Celtic Compass. I have been working on this one since before Christmas, in fact it was my first design but I couldn't quite get it right so I put it too the side and got on with "Gator ate my Cache". Now I am happy with the final design. I am a huge fan of celtic designs and having Celtic blood from both sides of my family I felt it was needed :) Here are my initial designs:

01celticcompassfrontlin.jpg01celticcompassbackline.jpg

The Irish/Celt blessing for travellers is one that my Mother put on a hand painted card to put in my wallet when I backpacked across Europe at the age of 19, it's still in my wallet today. I thought it was fitting for geocachers too.

Here is the Mint Art and Specs for the coin:

Size: 4.5cm x 3.5mm thick

Trackable: Yes

Custom Icon: If we sell over 250 then yes.

Versions: Antique Silver, Antique Gold, Antique Copper and Black Nickel

There will be an AE version but I keeping it a secret for now ;)

Samples will be ordered soon and I will post photos as soon as I have them.

Reservations will be through Cache Addict sometime in May except for the AE which will be through

me :)

2atf00680s011v11.jpg

Edited by Eartha

Whats an AE? I love the design, how would I go about trying to get one or more of these?

Glad you like my design, as soon as the samples have been given the ok we will put them up for resevations at Cacheaddict.com and you can place your order there.

As to the AE, as geoquino said, it is my Artist Edition. In other words it will be done with the colours I have decided on and there will only be a limited number made, as yet I'm not sure how many. Maybe only 25.

And the AE version will only be available through me......so be nice :D

Whats an AE? I love the design, how would I go about trying to get one or more of these?

Glad you like my design, as soon as the samples have been given the ok we will put them up for resevations at Cacheaddict.com and you can place your order there.

As to the AE, as geoquino said, it is my Artist Edition. In other words it will be done with the colours I have decided on and there will only be a limited number made, as yet I'm not sure how many. Maybe only 25.

I'm nice. :anicute: :anicute:

To quote steben6, "I'm nice. :anicute: :anicute: " plus I have an AE Schrodinger's Cat available for trade :rolleyes:

Typical, I am away on business and while talking to my wife on skype last night she informed me that the Celtic Compass samples had arrived and tried to show them to me......thanks to a blurry skype image I am now counting the seconds till I am home so I can look at them properly :P

Edited by jpbarr

Except for the small negative effects drool has on one's computer. :laughing: Got mine reserved!

"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming."

~ John Steinbeck

"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn."

~ Chuck Clark

Ok, I'm home and have been drooling over these enough, time to show it off :)

img680e.jpg

img681.jpg

img682.jpg

img683.jpg

img687e.jpg

img688.jpg

img684.jpg

img686t.jpg

As usual they are available for reservations at CacheAddict.com :)

Wow! These are pretty! I'm liking the purple one (is that black nickel), but wondered if the writing is as hard to read for real as it is in the picture? Or is that just the angle?

Will be placing reservations, but still being nice for an AE!

Which version is the one with the ring of blue on the outside? I'm interested in reserving one of these but it doesn't list anywhere which is which and I don't want to order the wrong one. Thanks and beautiful coin!

That is the Antique Bronze version. They are still up for reservation at CacheAddict.com.

Thanks for the clarification. You may want to clarify what the last two are so others aren't confused when they order, unless you already did it somewhere in the thread and I missed it.

This is my first time using cacheaddict.com. I made an account and it said it added the geocoin to my reservations but did not take payment. Is this correct? It makes sense but I just want to make sure I didn't skip a step and I'm supposed to pay now. Looking forward to getting this coin! Any ETA on when they'll be ready?

Thanks for the clarification. You may want to clarify what the last two are so others aren't confused when they order, unless you already did it somewhere in the thread and I missed it.

This is my first time using cacheaddict.com. I made an account and it said it added the geocoin to my reservations but did not take payment. Is this correct? It makes sense but I just want to make sure I didn't skip a step and I'm supposed to pay now. Looking forward to getting this coin! Any ETA on when they'll be ready?

I think I wrote it somewhere:) Yes that is right, you have reserved your coin and you will have an invoice sent to you when the coins are ready to be shipped out. As I understand it they should be ready towards the end of this month.

Glad you like the design, it took me a few months to get it just the way I wanted it but I am really happy witht the way it turned out :)

This is correct, you have made a "reservation" the invoice to pay will come when the coin is made and we thank you cacheaddict :)

Cointest! Cointest! Cointest!

Yes here it is, your chance to win one of my Celtic Compass AE.

This is what you need to do: Post a good Irish joke and make us all laugh, the catch is that it must be from the side of the Irish rather than a joke about the Irish :)

Each person may post once every 24hrs.

I will keep this cointest going until the 6th of August which is when I get back from Mega Finland.

May the luck of the Irish be with you (if not kidnap a leprechaun) and have fun.

I look forward to a good laugh. :laughing:

Cointest! Cointest! Cointest!

Yes here it is, your chance to win one of my Celtic Compass AE.

This is what you need to do: Post a good Irish joke and make us all laugh, the catch is that it must be from the side of the Irish rather than a joke about the Irish :)

Each person may post once every 24hrs.

I will keep this cointest going until the 6th of August which is when I get back from Mega Finland.

May the luck of the Irish be with you (if not kidnap a leprechaun) and have fun.

I look forward to a good laugh. :laughing:

An Englishman asked Bishop Sheen, "Why is it that the Irish fight so much among themselves?" The Bishop replied with a knowing smile, "Ahh my good lad, its the only way an Irishman can be assured of a worthy opponent!"

Three men walk into a bar: a Frenchman, an Italian and an Irishman.

Each orders one beer.

Three flys fly into the bar and one fly lands in each man's beer.

The Italian man plucks the fly out of his beer, says "tutto e bene" (all is well)" and drinks the beer.

The Frenchman shows his beer with the bug still inside it to the bartender and demands another beer.

The Irishman yanks the bug out of the beer, grabs it by it's wings, shakes it while yelling

"Cough it up, you wee theivin' b@st@rd!"

Two men were scuffling outside a pub when along came a huge Irishman - fists like hams - who started taking his coat off.

'You're fighting about Ireland, aren't you?' he demanded.

'No, no,' said both men in unison. 'Honestly, it's a personal matter, nothing to do with Ireland at all.'

'Huh,' muttered the Paddy, and shuffled off. Two seconds later he was back, tearing off his coat saying:

'So Ireland's not worth fighting about, eh?'

I hope it is ok to change some jokes I know.. and turn them more... Irish... :laughing:

An Irish entered in an irish pub and he is hugging a huge female ostrich!!! he goes to the bar and says t the barman who is socked...

- 2 pints of beer.... one for me and one for her...

the bar man after some seconds of silence and sock... brings the beers and since he couldn;'t resist of asking.. asks the man...

- sorry my friend but you brought an ostrich here?? a huge ostrich?? and she drinks a beer?? is that your date??? what the.....

- oh.. this is all a missunderstanding my friend.... it is not what it looks like...

- a missunderstanding?? what happent?

- it's a long story.... 2 months ago in the St Patricks day.. we had a party and I desided to wear a costume of an Irish rooster with Beer... I was sure that everyone would laugh....

the party was on the other side of the forest... and I was a little late.. I went threw the forest to save time and somewhere in the middle I started hearing someone asking for help! I followed the voice and I saw an old tiny man wearing the costume of a leprecon! a branch of a tree had fallen and traped him! I went to help him immediatelly... and after some hour I managed to free him! he was very happy and the good thing was that he was not hurt! unfortunately I realised that he was not hearing and seeing well..and he kept thnking me as a rooster.... I didn't gave much attention in that... and that was my mistake!

- mistake?? why??? the barman replyed...

- the old man was a real leprecon my friend! a real one and he wanted to fullfil one of my wishes as a thank you!

it was Spring... I was alone.... so...

- Oh come on.... and you wished an ostrich?????

- No.... that was the missunderstanding.... as i said... I didn't gave much attention in the fact that he could't see well that I was a man oin a costume....

- so what did you asked man???

- huh.... a pretty female with long legs!!!!

an irish wnet in a pub and says to the barman...

- give me a beer before we start...

the barman gives him the beer and the guy drinks it in one breath!

- hey barman... give me an other beer before we start...

the barman gives him an other pint of beer...and this continued for some time...

the Irish guy started feeling dizzy and he was drunk... but he continued...

- pppsstt.. barman... giv meee... an hick.. other beer... hick...before we start...

- you you sure? you have enough already!

- no.. give me an other beer... hick.... before we start....

and the irish guy fells from his seat!

- hey barman... hick.... where are you?? hick..... give me a beer before we start!

- No! (said the barman...) you are drunk! if you want more you have to pay me all these beers now!

-... oh.... we started....... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Six retired Irishmen were playing poker in O'Leary's apartment when Paddy Murphy loses $500 on a single hand, clutches his chest and drops dead at the table. Showing respect for their fallen brother, the other five continue playing standing up.

Michael O'Connor looks around and asks, "Oh, me boys, someone got's to tell Paddy's wife... who will it be?"

They draw straws. Paul Gallagher picks the short one. They tell him to be discreet, be gentle, don't make a bad situation any worse.

"Discreet? I'm the most discreet Irishmen you'll ever meet. Discretion is me middle name. Leave it to me."

Gallagher goes over to Murphy's house and knocks on the door. Mrs. Murphy answers and asks what he wants. Gallagher declares, "Your husband just lost $500 and is afraid to come home."

"Tell him to drop dead!", says Murphy's wife.

"I'll go tell him," says Gallagher.

An Irishman named Murphy went to his doctor after a long illness. The doctor, after a lengthy examination, sighed and looked Murphy in the eye and said, "I've got some bad news for you...you have cancer and it can't be cured. I'd give you

two weeks to a month."

Murphy, shocked and saddened by the news, but of solid character, managed to compose himself and walk from the doctor's office into the waiting room. There he saw his son who had been waiting. Murphy said, "Son, we Irish celebrate when things are good and celebrate when things don't go so well. In this case, things aren't so well. I have cancer and I've been given a short time to live. Let's head for the pub and have a few pints."

After three or four pints the two were feeling a little less somber. There were some laughs and more beers. They were eventually approached by some of Murphy's old friends who asked what the two were celebrating. Murphy told them that the Irish celebrate the good and the bad...He went on to tell them that they were drinking to his impending end. He told his friends "I've only got a few weeks to live as I have been diagnosed with AIDS." The friends gave Murphy their condolences and they had a couple more beers.

After his friends left, Murphy's son leaned over and whispered his confusion, "Dad I thought you said that you were dying from cancer? You just told your friends that you were dying from AIDS?" Murphy said, "I am dying from cancer son, I just don't want any of them sleeping with your mother."

I hope it is ok to post this joke.... as it is a little..

3 irish girls... cousins... went to see their grandmother!

after some time they sat to drink coffee...

their grandmother was knitting and they started a conversation....

the first girl said..

- "I read in Vogue that the gloves length this year will be until here..." ahd she showed until her wrist

the grandmother saw the move and smiled!

- "Oh... I think you are wrong" said the second girl... "I heard in the fashion news in TV that the gloves length will be until here..." and she showed until her elbow.

the grandmother saw the move and turned red!

- "I believe you are both wrong! I have a friend who is working in a very famous fashion designer and she told me that this year's length of the gloves are until here....." said the third girl and showed her shoulder!

the grandmother saw the move and she was socked! she laughed hard and said...

"Oh dear girls... size does matter but the most important is that he will be a good man, a good hasband and a good father to your children!!" !!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This Irish guy goes into a bar in the Greek Islands. Sinead, an Irish student who is currently working behind the bar, takes his order and notices his Irish accent. Over the course of the night, they talk quite a bit. At the end of the night, he asks her to sleep with him. Although she fancies him, she says no. He then offers to pay her 100 quid for the deed. Sinead is travelling the world, and because she is strapped for cash, she agrees.

The next night, the same guy turns up, and after showing her plenty of attention throughout the night, he asks her to sleep with him again for 100 quid. She figures "in for a penny - in for a pound," and as it was fantastic the night before, she goes home with him again. This goes on for 5 nights.

On the sixth night the guy comes into the bar, but this night he just orders a beer and sits in the corner. Sinead is disappointed, and figures that maybe she should pay him more attention. She goes over and sits beside him. She asks him where he's from, and he says, "Cork." "Wow," she says, "Me too! - what part?" "Montenotte," he says. "Jesus, that's amazing," she says, "Which street?" To which he names the street. She is truly gobsmacked. "This is uncanny," she says, "what number?" "Number 20." "You are not going to believe this," she says, "I'm from number 22! My parents still live there!" "I know", he replied, "Your Dad gave me five hundred quid to give you!"

So Mooney died and went to heaven where he was greeted by the venerable gentleman at the gates.

'And who are you, my son?' asked the saint.

'Eamonn Mooney, your holiness. On earth I was a famous international soccer player,' said the would-be entrant.

'And in your life did you do anything really sinful?' said the holy one.

'Well, only once,' replied Mooney. 'It was during an international match against England at Wembley. In the last minute of the game I broke through and scored the winning goal. However, what no one knew was that I handled the ball before putting it in the net. So really I cheated.'

'Indeed no,' smiled the saint. 'Not at all. Sure that wasn't a sin only a wee wee naughty little jape in you go enjoy heaven, my son.'

'Thank you, Saint Peter,' said Mooney.

'No, no, son,' said the old man, 'I'm not Saint Peter. I'm Saint Patrick!'