NEW COIN: Nature's Compass

AtlantaGal

The Nature's Compass geocoin has been in the works for several months. There will be several color combo/finishes to choose from. The plan is to have them up for reservation on Cache Addict in late April or early May.

Specs:

Nickel, Antique Copper, Gold, Black Nickel, Antique Silver

1.75"/3mm

Trackable on geocaching.com

Custom icon if 250 or more are reserved

Sample Photo Front -

nc1.jpg

Sample Photo Back -

nc2.jpg

Edited by Eartha

Very nice. Is the one in the original post going to be available too?

Yeah I think so, but with a lot more glow #1 than originally sampled. The original post one is my AE along with possibly a different not-sampled blk nickel one that has a few glows and translucent colors. Just depends on how they sell as to what I end up making for me.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Very nice. Is the one in the original post going to be available too?

Yeah I think so, but with a lot more glow #1 than originally sampled. The original post one is my AE along with possibly a different not-sampled blk nickel one that has a few glows and translucent colors. Just depends on how they sell as to what I end up making for me.

I think I like the AE one the best. Next is the upper left. I think I will need to have another garage sale for some cash for coins. LOL

UPDATE:

The vendor has decided to debut these beauties at GeocoinFest Denver. So the initial offering will be at the event with a small number of the 5 versions (in the photo above) available for purchase plus a special limited edition GCF version on Antique Gold.

Any leftovers will of course be put into the web store following the event, and reservations will be opened at some point in the later part of October if there's a demand.

Edited by AtlantaGal

The remaining stock of this coin will be available at Cache Addict next week.

The antique gold GCF version sold out at the event and about 10 of each of the store versions remain.

Only change from versions shown in the group photo is that the BN Day-Glo version became my personal LE and will not be availble for purchase. The BN Orange-Yellow-Peach Glow (not shown) color-scheme is now a store version.

If there is a demand, several of the store versions will be available for reservations later this month.

I will post photos of all versions once I get home. I'm still roaming around out west currently.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Here are the final versions of the Nature's Compass. Remaining coins should be available at Cache Addict early this week.

9ddac282-7051-4516-9fb2-e55e6fda41a5.jpg?rnd=0.7772442

Top - Artist Edition Nickel with Glow, 15 made

Bottom - Day-Glo LE, 25 Made

Public Versions:

front sides...

acb5b9e5-8fca-4b82-a3d0-e7ea201fb5b8.jpg?rnd=0.5007971

back sides...

78fc5c67-1364-49e8-b882-4d7ec94701ce.jpg?rnd=0.7630998

Antique Gold - GCF Denver LE, 50 Made SOLD OUT

Gold, Nickel, Antique Copper, Black Nickel Glow, Antique Silver

Here are the final versions of the Nature's Compass. Remaining coins should be available at Cache Addict early this week.

Top - Artist Edition Nickel with Glow, 15 made

Bottom - Day-Glo LE, 25 Made

Public Versions:

front sides...

back sides...

Antique Gold - GCF Denver LE, 50 Made SOLD OUT

Gold, Nickel, Antique Copper, Black Nickel Glow, Antique Silver

They're GORGEOUS!

Does anyone have a picture of the GCF Denver edition?

Edited by imoutnabout

Outstanding design, congrats AtlantaGal! My fave is the GCF Denver edition--love that color combo, but since I didn't get to go to GCF.... :( . Just wondering, does the Day-Glo have a special type of enamel? Or is it the color combo that makes it so electrifying?

It has flat epoxy versus hard enamel I believe, but it's definitely the neon colors on black nickel that make it "pop."

I do have a spare GCF version if you would like to try to trade. Let me know.