Problems with finding correct cords for my geocash

ashirarenraw

I am trying to hide my second geocach. I am using my Iphone 4 that comes with a compass. However, when I try to enter in the cords I saw on my phone it showing the location as being on the opposite side of the river. I had this problem with the first cach I hid. What are your suggestions for getting the right cords? Is there a better app I can use? Thanx

I am trying to hide my second geocach. I am using my Iphone 4 that comes with a compass. However, when I try to enter in the cords I saw on my phone it showing the location as being on the opposite side of the river. I had this problem with the first cach I hid. What are your suggestions for getting the right cords? Is there a better app I can use? Thanx

Are you just plugging the coordinates into the Google Maps app? If so, you need to add "loc:" (without the quotes) before your coordinates. Without it, the app will show the closest spot on a road to your coordinates. By adding the "loc:", it will show the actual coordinates.