"Where do you get engraving pens" to use on geocoins?

Nick - Cacher

I've noticed that quite a few people here suggest using an engraving pen to put your name on geocoins so others are less likely to sell them, thus helping them travel longer before they finally face the inevitable of disappearing.

So, where do you get these engraving pens? I went to Walmart; they don't have them. I called Michael's Crafts; they don't have them. I looked on Shopping.com and a lot of them are $150! Is that how much the engraving pens people on this website paid for, or are there cheaper ones being used for this purpose? Are there local stores to buy them at?

Thanks if you can give me advice here.

If neatness doesn't matter to you all that much, a simple Dremel engraver [model #: 290-01], or a similar brand, would work. It would have set me back about $25 from Lowes, but ended up costing me nothing since my husband looked through my gift idea list. :)

I usually end up scrawling missions into TB tags during the night before an event or trip. It works fine for my needs.