Geocaching.com site update March 27th 2012

I would then click on that cache and a tab would come up and I could transfer that cache directly to my GPS on the spot, but I am unable to do this anymore.

Do you see this when you click on a cache?

33oimon.jpg

If so, you can click on "Send to GPS". If not, then there's some kind of browser configuration that's causing your problem.

I would then click on that cache and a tab would come up and I could transfer that cache directly to my GPS on the spot, but I am unable to do this anymore. Am I doing something wrong or has this changed since yesterday? I need HELP.

Yeah, this stopped working for me a while back as well. No explanation given, even when I tried contacting GS.

The entire change of maps suck anymore. No matter if its on the cache page your your looking at larger maps. Satellite view on the larger map doesn't even load anymore for me except for bits and pieces of it. And of course there is always a big white square right where I wanna look. I use the satellite view (w/cache) for planning my trips. Now the use of maps are useless on the website. Go back to the way it was a year ago.

Since no "update report" does anyone know what hapened yesterdays? Updates ou only bug repair or hardware repair?

Based on a post from a lackey from a few days ago (which, for the life of me, I haven't been able to find since), they had experienced problems with the API server(s) last weekend, and the downtime was only to upgrade the hardware on the server(s).

Of course, since TPTB have once again chosen not to post anything about the recent downtime, the speculation will once again run rampant...

--Larry

Edited by larryc43230

well I got a new laptop earlier this week and had no problem downloading and installing the little program you needed to upload geocaches to the GPSer...had to return the laptop last night because of a problem with it and replaced it with the same laptop model...and now (since the "update" I can't get that program to run. I receive this message:

The page cannot be displayed

You have attempted to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that does not allow programs to be executed.

Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe this directory should allow execute access.

HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.

Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Configuring ISAPI Extensions, Configuring CGI Applications, Securing Your Site with Web Site Permissions, and About Custom Error Messages.

In the IIS Software Development Kit (SDK) or at the MSDN Online Library, search for topics titled Developing ISAPI Extensions, ISAPI and CGI, and Debugging ISAPI Extensions and Filters.

No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 10.0.1424 / Virus Database: 2411/4934 - Release Date: 04/13/12