1 PQ corrupted?

IBcrashen

Anyone else receiving PQ e-mail and the PQ zip file is no good. I have had this PQ for years and for the last 2-3 weeks (this PQ comes twice weekly) when downloading the attachment from the e-mail I keep getting "does not appear to be valid archive" when trying to unzip it, but downloading the zip file from the site its fine. No changes have been made. I have tried downloading it via 4 different e-mails now, numerous times each. My other PQ`s via e-mail are fine. ????

Sounds like there is one cache in that area that contains some sort of bad description which ends up making a whole PQ look like it is corrupt. I've heard of caches triggering false positives in virus checkers, but never a corruption, but I suppose it could happen.

Finding that one cache would probably be a real PITA, but if you could, the cache description could probably be cleaned up.

If you go to your "Pocket Queries Ready For Download" tab and download the PQ directly, does it work?

If so, it may be your email provider (or their virus scanner) that is mucking up the file.

Downloading from the site works fine. Switched to different email provider for that pq and it comes fine so it points to email provider. If I had time I could look at new caches within the last 3 weeks and get out and find it to get it out of the pq. Wonder if the better half would agree to going out and finding all 380 in the pq :lol:

Switched to different email provider for that pq and it comes fine so it points to email provider.

Yep, it sounds like your email provider is doing some kind of filtering or virus scanning on their end that's corrupting the file. You can often bring up your account online and change the settings. Maybe you can turn off whatever is doing it?