Dates tend to be off when I log a cache

ec1warc1

I have noticed that when I log a cache or trackable, if I don't pay attention to the date, it may default to a few days before. I am not sure why that is, but I noticed it when one of the trackables I moved showed that I retreived it after I placed it in another cache, which is clearly not possible. I can edit the log entries, but in this particular case I cannot remember the dates now. So, I will just leave it.

Yesterday, the four GeoCaches that I found were logged as a few days before. So, in that case, I edited the entries to reflect the correct date.

Why when you log an entry, it doesn't automatically put the current date? :blink: Perhaps I need to close my browser more often? What is the reason for this? I am using the Chrome browser.

Take it you're not logging by phone.

That can cause problems with the date.

Computer-wise it comes up with the correct date for me, is your computer clock correct?

The site does sometimes default to the date you set, if you log past visits.

eg You found a cache four days ago, and log it today, you set the date to the correct date four days ago and write the log.

The next cache you log will have the date of four days ago...

With that, maybe it is a browser refresh problem?

Edited by Bear and Ragged

I have noticed that when I log a cache or trackable, if I don't pay attention to the date, it may default to a few days before. I am not sure why that is, but I noticed it when one of the trackables I moved showed that I retreived it after I placed it in another cache, which is clearly not possible. I can edit the log entries, but in this particular case I cannot remember the dates now. So, I will just leave it.

Yesterday, the four GeoCaches that I found were logged as a few days before. So, in that case, I edited the entries to reflect the correct date.

Why when you log an entry, it doesn't automatically put the current date? :blink: Perhaps I need to close my browser more often? What is the reason for this? I am using the Chrome browser.

Same problem here. Sometimes I go to log my caches at the end of the day and the date is the current day (as expected). Other times the date is the previous day (or two days back, maybe). I have some thoughts as to why this may be, but in any event, I don't consider this a "feature." For now, I'm just double-checking the date field before I log the first entry for each day.

For years, if you were logging several caches in a session, the date would stay on what you set it for. If you closed your browser, the next time you went to a log page, the date would revert to the current date. Since about two or three updates past, this no longer happens. It will still be set to the last date that you used. I have mis-dated many logs because of this. I would consider it to be a BUG.

Edited by Don_J

The behaviour has changed and the current behaviour is quite undesirable. The date used to default to todays date and if you changed it, it would retain that change for a few hours it seemed. Now if I change the date it seems to retain that date for days afterwards and across computers and browsers. I constantly enter logs on the wrong days now.

Hopefully this behaviour can be reverted.