Making an account for puppy

I took a look at the Groundspeak Terms of Use. I found nothing specifying that you have to be of the species Homo Sapiens nor anything specifically excluding the species Canis lupus familiaris from to using the website.

However I did find this. Which may apply:

"By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older, or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If we believe that you are under 18 years of age and not under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian, please be advised that your account may be terminated without warning."

If your dog isn't at least 18 years old I'd make sure to supervise him every time he is logged in. If Groundspeak suspects that he isn't being supervised his account my be terminated for violating the Terms of Use.

-Edited to add link to the Terms of Use.

Edited by Glenn

I think any dog that gets his own geocaching account really ought to have his own Facebook page, too! I know of several canines/felines with their own FB pages. (And, yeah, that's probably violating some FB rule, but personally I think the only important rule when it comes to canines is they must let you know when they need to go outside! Everything else is extraneous.)

:D

How about making him trackable instead? Groundspeak even supports this movement. You can log him as "visited" for all caches he found with you. And people can even "discover" him at events or on the run.

Plus the trackable is at the bottom of your logging page and you just have to click 'visited' rather than logging into a second account. We recently got personal geocoins for JrCacher's #1 & #2 for a similar purpose. Since we do a decent amount of bike caching, JrCacher #1 even wants to make his bike a trackable with one of the 3" clear TBs.

Some well known dogs have their own account on the site: puppymonster

Also known to publish the occasional cache...

For the record, I was not talking about that particular Canine posting opinions to the forums. :ph34r: But yeah, there is no problem at all with a dog having an account. There's even a cutesy one in my State that was probably created in 2002 that will even post notes to cache pages they were forced to sit in the car for that cache, and can't claim a find.

Sorry, lame. Lame for your pet. Lame for your newborn. And lame for your typical sock-puppet.. unless of course his name is Jimmy the Butcher. In that case it's ok.

Proud to be lame in your opinion. :rolleyes:

I think it's lame but don't misunderstand me.. I say go for it if that's what you want. Afterall, you can't see us all rolling our eyes.. :P

Then I must be double lame. :laughing:

I refuse to log caches for my kid beyoned that first cache visit though. When he can sign the log where someone else can read it, I might reconsider. :anibad:

Sorry, lame. Lame for your pet. Lame for your newborn. And lame for your typical sock-puppet.. unless of course his name is Jimmy the Butcher. In that case it's ok.

Proud to be lame in your opinion. :rolleyes:

I think it's lame but don't misunderstand me.. I say go for it if that's what you want. Afterall, you can't see us all rolling our eyes.. :P

Then I must be double lame. :laughing:

I refuse to log caches for my kid beyoned that first cache visit though. When he can sign the log where someone else can read it, I might reconsider. :anibad:

2007?!? That kid should be accompanying you on short hikes by now. What's the hold-up on getting some caches now?

2007?!? That kid should be accompanying you on short hikes by now. What's the hold-up on getting some caches now?

My job mostly. I work about 60 hours a week. We do hunt the occasional cache together, but he doesn't sign the log so well and he can't type yet. :anibad:

Heck, I haven't logged most of the caches I've found in the last 6 months.

My job mostly. I work about 60 hours a week. We do hunt the occasional cache together, but he doesn't sign the log so well and he can't type yet. :anibad:

<for_fun_not_sarcasm> But yet there's time for several thousand forum posts.. ;) </for_fun_not_sarcasm>

<for_fun_not_sarcasm> But yet there's time for several thousand forum posts.. ;) </for_fun_not_sarcasm>

Ya well. There are priorities right... :rolleyes: