Can I give a trackable to another cacher?

Expat64

Apologies if the answer is already out there, I did try searching, honest...

I have picked up a trackable that wants to visit all 50 states. As there are several logs in my state, is it permissible to mail it to a friend in another state for them to deposit it in a cache, or do I have to be the one to deposit it in a new cache?

Apologies if the answer is already out there, I did try searching, honest...

I have picked up a trackable that wants to visit all 50 states. As there are several logs in my state, is it permissible to mail it to a friend in another state for them to deposit it in a cache, or do I have to be the one to deposit it in a new cache?

Mailing a trackable that you don't own has been discussed a few times.

The first suggestion is to contact the trackable owner and ask them if it is okay to do so.

The other thing is that the person who it is being mailed to is also a cacher, registered here on Groundspeak.

Mailing anything can be hazardous. Stuff happens. Wouldn't want to lose someone else's property this way.

It's often just fine to move trackables along in the regular fashion, and not worry about speeding up the completion of its stated mission.

B.