Posting Streak

vhasler

Hopefully an easy code change...

As a near-term goal, I decided I should break my short posting streak established back in 2009. While "Longest Streak" is shown on the Profile Statistics page, "Current Streak" is not. Would be useful and similiar to the baseball stat bantered by sports commentators.

An alternative solution would be to allow waymarks to be sorted by the "Dated Posted" field. Currently, "Date Created" and "Date Approved" are options. The list could be checked and counted. Not as convenient when the streak is longer than a couple of weeks, but a possible tool.

Thanks for the consideration. My intent is to try post more of the many, many waymarks that I have photos and information, but just not taken the time to create.

vhasler

The date created and the date posted are the same.

If I create a waymark on Mar 25, and save it to post later, then submit it on Mar 26, the posted date is Mar 25 - at least as far as the statistics page is concerned. I recently dug out an unfinished waymark from over a year ago, and it changed the stats for that day and year when I first saved it.

But, a way to track "current streak" would be a nice feature.

Well, the streak has been extended: 16 consecutive days with posts from 3/13/2012 12:00:00 AM to 3/28/2012 12:00:00 AM

Maybe for sorting the recent waymarks by Date Created, then the results page would show Date Created instead of Date Approved, so that the sequence can be easily verified. Now you have to click several (unless you do just one per day) to confirm the posting/creation date.

For now, with the current streak also being my longest, it will be easy to check its length... until I have to start over.

Well, the streak has been extended: 16 consecutive days with posts from 3/13/2012 12:00:00 AM to 3/28/2012 12:00:00 AM

Maybe for sorting the recent waymarks by Date Created, then the results page would show Date Created instead of Date Approved, so that the sequence can be easily verified. Now you have to click several (unless you do just one per day) to confirm the posting/creation date.

For now, with the current streak also being my longest, it will be easy to check its length... until I have to start over.

I have an Excel sheet that I track the name and waymark number with the date...we all learned a bit about dates and times when Grenwich turned to 2012 the tables changed on the stats in your profile and we were still wondering what to do for New Years. Then the time for the post is actually Pacific time...home of Groundspeak.

Weird.

KE