TB clue?

T.D.M.22

Would it be acceptable to have a clue to a puzzle/multi on a TB page. The finder will be given co-ords which will have a TB number at the location. They will then have to look at the TB page for the clue/final co-ords. Of course the TB will be owned by a puppet account.

Would it be acceptable to have a clue to a puzzle/multi on a TB page. The finder will be given co-ords which will have a TB number at the location. They will then have to look at the TB page for the clue/final co-ords. Of course the TB will be owned by a puppet account.

http://coord.info/GC2BD9Z

This tb has a key attached that opens the cache...

http://coord.info/GC1N6AG

The coords for this cache are on a few TBs.

Why will the tb need to be owned by a puppet acct?

Would you need to find a physical tb in order to solve, or just measly find the tb page?

If you attach the clues to the tb then people actually have to find the tb.

Edited by JesandTodd

I tried that once, and it turned out to be kind of a pain.

The reviewer told me that it had to be based on a trackable that was stationary. It couldn't be one that was moving with geocachers. Yes, there are some that are like that, but those were "grandfathered" in apparently.

Seemed kinda stupid to me, since mine was based on a trackable that I carry with me at all times and could be logged by anyone who met me or saw me at an event. But in the interest of actually having some fun in geocaching, I changed it per his demands, and made it so a chirp beacons out the coin code at the cache site, and the coin is glued to the inside of the actual cache. Not nearly as cool as it was gonna be, but whatever.

Here's the cache: Brady's Bug. It actually got published, and then archived because it was "published in error." Not exactly the most stellar experience with a reviewer, truth be told.

Edited by G & C

To make it more difficult to locate the TB page. If I was looking to solve a puzzle like this, the first thing I would do would be to check the CO's TBs! :)

I recently attempted to find something similar. Stage one gave a URL for a web-page that had a decryption key to get the stage 2 co-ordinates. Putting the clue information on a TB page does solve the 'how/where can I host a web-page' issue. I don't see a problem (other than the TB ID# getting shared around) since the number would be in a fixed location.

To make it more difficult to locate the TB page. If I was looking to solve a puzzle like this, the first thing I would do would be to check the CO's TBs! :)

I recently attempted to find something similar. Stage one gave a URL for a web-page that had a decryption key to get the stage 2 co-ordinates. Putting the clue information on a TB page does solve the 'how/where can I host a web-page' issue. I don't see a problem (other than the TB ID# getting shared around) since the number would be in a fixed location.

If someone is going the share the TB ID# they'd probably also just cut to the chase and share the final coordinates.

I've done a puzzle that used at least a couple of puppet accounts with owned trackable items that were used to solve just one piece of the puzzle. the puzzle was based on a theme so the puppet accounts used names that were actually real, somewhat well known people (that are no longer alive) and the TBs were related to what those people were known for.

So, using a TB page as part of a puzzle can be done, but it'll be more interesting if you can relate the puppet account and what you're using for a TB to an overall puzzle theme.

Exactly Why it needs a puppet account.

The person will go the the set co-ords at which point they will see a TBnumber and will have to check it on line, which will give them co-ords, or instructions how to get to the co-ords.

Seen all kids of variants on the theme.

Coords on a TB.

Keys to the padlock on the cache on a TB.

Info on the CO's profile.

Info on sock account profiles.

Some others I cannot recall right now.

All of these examples are find and should be published without issue.

The common factor with the two posts who claimed they had issues with getting a cache published is that they carried the item in question with them instead of setting it free or hiding it so that it would be available to anyone who wanted to find it.

Keeping the puzzle object on your person is too close to email me for coords, a level of control over who can and cannot find your cache that CO's cannot have.

Coords on a TB.

The common factor with the two posts who claimed they had issues with getting a cache published is that they carried the item in question with them instead of setting it free or hiding it so that it would be available to anyone who wanted to find it.

Keeping the puzzle object on your person is too close to email me for coords, a level of control over who can and cannot find your cache that CO's cannot have.

That's not how it was explained to me. Even setting the trackable free was supposedly against the guidelines according to the reviewer that I was "working" with. According to him it had to be stationary. Fixed to something that doesn't move.

Coords on a TB.

That's not how it was explained to me. Even setting the trackable free was supposedly against the guidelines according to the reviewer that I was "working" with. According to him it had to be stationary. Fixed to something that doesn't move.

So, best to check with your reviewer.