Iphone app will not send saved logs - any ideas

Coladog2612

My Iphone app will not send saved logs - I thought this was beacause I was in an area witj little servie - but now I have 12 and none of them have posted any ideas how to get them on my account? Can I go in and manually post and backdate?

You'll have to be more specific.

When you log your note, what do you have it listed as on the bottom of the log, 'post as log' or 'submit as field note'?

Then, which button do you press to send them? The button below it (save and send) or the button up top (save and close)?

Then, do you see the logs on your 'logs' tab? Are they under 'pending' or 'sent'?

Finally, have you checked your field notes page on the website?

I'm having trouble using the iPhone app field notes and looking to understand if I am missing something or just have a different paradigm.

What I want to do is to use the field notes on the iPhone to make quick notes on a cache find. Then I want to use my computer (and its keyboard) to write a full log when I get home. I don't want these sloppy notes posted online so I did a "save and close" instead of posting them. Now I have a bundle of notes on my iPhone that I can't figure out how to get them to geocaching.com without publishing them.

Suggestions? Thanks!

mojo

Disregard. Someone showed me that posting a field note is different than posting a log. I didn't get that from any of the documentation. Problem solved.

I'm having trouble using the iPhone app field notes and looking to understand if I am missing something or just have a different paradigm.

What I want to do is to use the field notes on the iPhone to make quick notes on a cache find. Then I want to use my computer (and its keyboard) to write a full log when I get home. I don't want these sloppy notes posted online so I did a "save and close" instead of posting them. Now I have a bundle of notes on my iPhone that I can't figure out how to get them to geocaching.com without publishing them.

Suggestions? Thanks!

mojo