delete caches from device, plz help

ovl007

Hi,

as a new geocacher i'm still learning the tricks on my Garmin GPSmap62s device, i've already found a few caches that i've uploaded on the site using the automatic upload tool, my question now is, is there a possibility that i can delete these caches straight up from my device? because after numerous searches in the menus of the gps, i still can't find an option in doing this...

The reason why is that i don't want my maps beacoming in overtime a treasure map only for caches....

I find it strange that this could not be possible, by now, the only possibility to me seems to reset the entire device, wich i do not want... someone who had knowledge about this, please help me.

thx

ovl007

You cannot delete the caches from the unit itself. Connect your 62s to your computer and go to removable storage devices. It will take a little while for the 62s to appear. Click on view for the drop down screen and it will list what is on the 62s. Click on Garmin and then gpx and your caches will appear where you can delete them.

Edited by W7WT

I have a 60CSx and can delete directly from my device. I wonder why the 62 cant?

Its the paperless features - whole different model for storing and dealing with cache data - totally different from a regular waypoint.

Plus the caches are load (in bulk with a PQ) from GPX files - it just makes sense that you have to get rid of the GPX to get rid of the cache.