Cache-trek

zippes

We all have seen how slick the software is that will allow us to define a search-point as coordinates, zip code, area code, etc. and it will give us a list of all caches within a defined radius.

What about if you were going on a ‘caching trip’… could the software handle being told the trip starting point, ending point, route (..like I-40, major motor artery), and ‘cache range’ (.. how far to search from the designated route to locate a cache [i.e. 20 either side of I-40]).

I recognize that gathering this information could be done ‘manually’ by doing selective point-searches along the way but I was wondering if developing a cache-trek feature would be considered ‘practical’?

What do you think…?

"Remember... nothing is completly worthless!!... it can always be used as a bad example"!

Prior discussions of this issue have produced two workable solutions, one is to use mapping software that will plot the waypoints for you which fall along your route, but I don't use mapping software so someone else will have to provide details.

Me, I use Watcher for all my cache trip planning, including searching for caches along a route. Here is a link to a prior thread where I describe the process in a bit more detail. Hope this helps.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.