Lorries & Minecarts

Hey guys.

First of all I'm begging your pardon, for not open a topic to discuss the category-review-process.

Well, I've read the previously posted notes. Let me explain some stuff.

Of course, I'm a geocacher. And approximately one year ago I discovered Waymarking. At that time I realized, this could be also quite interesting to me. And after taking a look onto the Waymarking-map I was a little bit shocked. In germany there are not as many waymarks as in e.g. the U.S. Just a few in big cities, for example Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, etc.

Therefore I decided to waymark some special places. Of course, the waymarked chain stores of Aldi, IKEA and so on are not quite interesting, but I like the category "Fountains". By now when I take a walk through the city or countrified areas I take a special look at interesting ones.

And at the begining of this year I decided to create a group to waymark lorries and minecrafts. Maybe just to establish the functionality of Waymarking in Germany. As i said, here in Germany there are waymarks you are able to count on the fingers of one hand.

This types of railway carriages is a special type of carriages used in mining factories. I didn't found 'em in the category-search. That's why I created a new group.

The difference between a lorry and a hunt is quite simply:

A lorry own a tiltable dump body. The minecrafts dump body is fixed and not tiltable.

As I said, I'm sorry for not open this topic in sufficient time.

Please help me and let me know, you have hints and tips for me, making this category better and more interesting for the community.

German regards,

Helmut

[AcubensCNC]

post scriptum

Sorry for my English. Maybe not good enough. Please direct your enquiries to me.

Edited by AcubensCNC

You found an interesting type of objects to waymark. And you made an effort to create a category. I appreciate that, but what you wanted is already covered by another category: Static Train Cars.

I know there is a misleading sentence in the description: "Please only submit regular sized train cars (from real trains)". But this excludes miniature railroads and model railroads; minecarts are narrow gauge cars, but this is the regular size for real maincarts. There are already some examples in this category e.g.:

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMCHRR_Haulage_Train_CAT_Corris_Gwynedd_Wales_UK

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMC8GM_Coal_Mining_Cars_Canmore_AB_Canada

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMB58Q_Mine_Train_at_Independence_Mine_State_Park_Alaska

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMA0TH_Broad_St_Mining_Car_Nevada_City_CA

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMA0RM_Grass_Valley_Mining_Car_Grass_Valley_CA

So your category proposal is redundant and there is nothing we can do about it. Sorry! On the other hand you can start posting your finds today without having to go through a vote.

Coming to the forum with category ideas from the beginning is always a very good idea. You will find out what has to be changed, if it is supported by other waymarkers at all, and often you will find that there is an existing category for the idea. Nobody can keep all the 1000+ categories in the head.

With over 1000 categories (over 600 of them must be available in Germany I guess) you will find enough interesting locations to post. When you don't know where to post then come and ask. We will find one that fits or maybe it can be the beginning of a great new category.

BTW: Germany is not that no man's land you describe; there are some heavily active waymarkers around. Most activities are currently in the South, but you can help to spread it to your area. We have a group: German speaking Waymarkers. Interested?

You found an interesting type of objects to waymark. And you made an effort to create a category. I appreciate that, but what you wanted is already covered by another category: Static Train Cars.

I know there is a misleading sentence in the description: "Please only submit regular sized train cars (from real trains)". But this excludes miniature railroads and model railroads; minecarts are narrow gauge cars, but this is the regular size for real maincarts. There are already some examples in this category [...]

I don't know if Static Train Cars changed their policy, but I just got WME9NX declined with the above sentence quoted :(

EDIT: they may be right - this is not really a "train car" but a minecart which was pushed by hands, see the handles on both sides.

Edited by haggaeus