I cannot login to geocaching.com from my Smartphone

gwwa98

I have an HTC Trophy Windows smartphone and cannot login from the smartphone but I can login to the web site on my PC.

I've tried two different login names, one for me and one for my son but the application on the smartphone just ignores me. I've tried to change the password and that didn't help. Am I missing something?

I have an HTC Trophy Windows smartphone and cannot login from the smartphone but I can login to the web site on my PC.

I've tried two different login names, one for me and one for my son but the application on the smartphone just ignores me. I've tried to change the password and that didn't help. Am I missing something?

I have found that with some of my passwords with special characters, I can type them on the phone, but they will not work. Try a less complex password with letters and numbers only. If that still makes no difference, let us know!

I have never had a problem logging in on the Geocaching.com Windows Phone app, using two different accounts. I must say, both these accounts had passwords that were all letters, not even any numbers.

I've also never heard of an issue in the WP bug reports section of these forums, although I've only had the app since around October, 2011, and would not have looked at the forum before then.

Check the browser security settings. I had to turn some settings on (cookies? Java? something.. I forget) before I could actually login.

Good luck,

Shaun

Good point, some browsers require cookies to log in. Seems strange that this wouldn't be a known issue if that is the case, bit you never know.