Couple of things to add to queries.

Sissy-n-CR

I was thinking (yes, that's dangerous, I know) to have a more complete "GC.com in my pocket" could we include two more items to be exported?

Travel bugs: When the query is run, could you have it look through the caches and see which TB is in the caches and then export the TB information? This way we would know the TB's mission and see where it's been while we're in the field and further the mission without having to bring it back.

Placer's profile: I'm not too sure about this one, but this is what I was thinking and how I got there.

I want to place a cache that has some required, but common, equipment, but if I state right on the cache page you need X, then that would give away part of the hunt. I want to place on my profile page basically a list of things one will need to successfully hunt all of my caches. Not that you will need these items on every one of the caches, but to do them all you need them all. Then on each cache page place a #link to my profile page and the list. Of course, uncommon, bulky, and expensive equipment would be listed directly on the cache page. I'm talking compass, string, piece of ferrous metal, magnet, rope, binoculars, etc. stuff a lot of people will already have or can readily get before actually getting somewhere and needing something listed.

Does this make any sense? I want to be able to include more infomation about all of my caches, but not on the cache page itself. I don't think making people modify their Plucker settings would be effective. Unless, there is a way to upload a file to a specific subdomain of GC.com or under the users profile directory or something and... ?

A better solution would be appreciated, but I think the TB thing would be a good idea.

CR

72057_2000.gif

Would it be possible to add "Last Query Runtime" to the PocketQuery page? It's difficult when you're setting up the queries to know if they've run (and returned no rows) or haven't run yet.

I figure the information's already being stored (since we can only run the queries once per day) but it would be handy to have it as a displayable field.

This way - if I see the query was run this morning but I didn't receive any email output, I'd at least know my query returned no rows - rather than it just not having run yet.

I'd also second the TB idea above. I picked up two TB's yesterday but didn't move them along until I got home and could check their specific travel instructions. It'd be handy if this was something that could be included somehow in the pocketqueries.

- Hart

quote:
Originally posted by Sissy-n-CR:

_Travel bugs:_ When the query is run, could you have it look through the caches and see which TB is in the caches and then export the TB information?

Pocket queries already have TB information with the caches. At least the GPX files do.

gpx2html makes a separate index page of all the caches from your search that had travel bugs, sorted by last date logged. So the caches most likely to still have the TBs will appear at the top of that list.

May I bring your attention to:

quote:
Originally posted by Sissy-n-CR:

This way we would know the TB's mission and see where it's been while we're in the field and further the mission without having to bring it back.

If I'm understanding correctly, only the TB name, ID, and reference number are exported to the GPX file. There is nothing about the TB at all, not it's mission or previous logs of where it had been. As it stands, if there isn't anything attached to the TB, I have to bring it back home an dlook it up on the internet to know what it's mission is so we can further it.

CR

72057_2000.gif