South Island New Zealand PQ

sloopy83

Hello Everyone. I am going on a road trip around the south island of New Zealand in a couple of weeks. I've been messing around with the pocket queries, and I can't get them structured in a way that gives me all (or most of) the caches on the south island.

Can anyone give me some advice on this? Our route is flexible, so rather than do cache along route, I'd like to figure out how to get most of the caches on the south island. I know the basics of how the PQ works, but any guidance on how I can tweak it would be welcome. Thank you for your help!

Sloopy83

Hello Everyone. I am going on a road trip around the south island of New Zealand in a couple of weeks. I've been messing around with the pocket queries, and I can't get them structured in a way that gives me all (or most of) the caches on the south island.

Can anyone give me some advice on this? Our route is flexible, so rather than do cache along route, I'd like to figure out how to get most of the caches on the south island. I know the basics of how the PQ works, but any guidance on how I can tweak it would be welcome. Thank you for your help!

Sloopy83

Gidday Cobber

Bear in mind that South Island is a "state" of NZ. So your PQ can simply be for:

• Show me "1000" caches of
  • Within States/provinces = "South Island"

But there are more than a 1000 caches in South Island but using this and Markwell's method of getting the data in several chunks by date placed you should get everything.

Cheers