Deleting logs

If you delete a found log - yes it subtracts one from the total on that cacher.

Yes, I occasionally do a sweep of my caches and delete duplicate logs. If asked I just tell the cacher I deleted a duplicate log. No one has pitched a hissy fit.

Well, it looks like I'll have to log a duplicate on one of yours, Jim. When you delete it, I'll throw a hissy-fit, and then you'll not be missing one.

How's that?

Yes, I occasionally do a sweep of my caches and delete duplicate logs. If asked I just tell the cacher I deleted a duplicate log. No one has pitched a hissy fit.

Well, it looks like I'll have to log a duplicate on one of yours, Jim. When you delete it, I'll throw a hissy-fit, and then you'll not be missing one.

How's that?

Sounds fine, but don't expect me to buy you a beer next time. :lol:

Too bad there isn't a multiple reason list when deleting a log so the cacher has an idea why before contacting the CO to ask.

1) duplicate log

2) no signature on log

3) inappropriate language

4) Spoiler

5) Wrong log listing

Edited by jellis

How's that?

You guys always crack me up. I am SO glad that I joined Geocaching.

If a CO deletes one of my found logs, is there some sort of notification? I only loosely keep track of my found total, I could swear that a few times it has gone down by one. Maybe I'm just crazy.

You should get an email notifying you that a log was deleted.

Sweet, thanks! I must be crazy!

Maybe your find count has gone down AND you're crazy too. The two aren't mutually exclusive. :lol:

You may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for!

If a CO deletes one of my found logs, is there some sort of notification? I only loosely keep track of my found total, I could swear that a few times it has gone down by one. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Maybe your find count has gone down AND you're crazy too. The two aren't mutually exclusive. :lol:

Occasionally when I'm against a thorny problem at work, I'll ask the team for someone to "tell me I'm not crazy." While I usually get the help I need, nobody has yet actually told me that I'm not crazy. This right now seems strangely satisfying.

Austin