Move a GC out of inventory w/o dropping off?

cameracowgirl

I registered a new GC the other day and it is now my inventory, which is not where I want it. I simply wanted to have it registered for now but stay in my personal collection at home for the next year or two. Now that it's been placed in my inventory I've almost accidentally logged mileage on it twice and nearly logged it as dropped off once. I need to get it out of my inventory without dropping it off.

I tried logging it as "missing," but I got the impression that if I were to go through with that then geocaching.com would permanently remove the GC's page, which means that I won't be able to put it into my inventory at a later date when I am ready to send it on it's journey.

How do I move it out of my inventory without logging it as "dropped off" or "missing"?

cameracowgirl

Now that it's been placed in my inventory I've almost accidentally logged mileage on it twice and nearly logged it as dropped off once. I need to get it out of my inventory without dropping it off.

How do I move it out of my inventory without logging it as "dropped off" or "missing"?

cameracowgirl

You need to move it to your 'Collection'. Once there it can only be logged as 'Discover' or a 'Note'.

You cannot use this option to use it as a personal tracker via the 'Visit' log.

Move things in/out of your Inventory/Collection from your Profile page:

2959b72e-ff0c-4a51-a7d7-4a7e3fa858aa.png

Once in 'Collection', to access it for moving to your inventory, use the link immediately to the right (Trackables Collection)

In order to move it out of Inventory and into your Collection, it must be made "collectible".

You do this from the edit page, "Edit This Trackable" in the upper right corner of the trackable's listing. It's a check box:

Make this Trackable collectible

Once you've made it collectable, click the link on the bottom Submit Changes, and then " Return to the Trackable's Page".

Once you've made it "collectible" you can move it into inventory from the drop down menu on the trackable page, it will be one of the options along with "mark missing" and recalculate distance.

Also understand that marking any coin as "missing" only removes it from its current listed location and sets it to "unknown location". All this does is keep it from showing up in the wrong place. It has no other effect on the trackables listing.