TB maps?

welch

i would like to see (unless there is one and i just havent found it) a TB map. maybe like the ones for the caches but these only show TBs. that way it would be easier to see any TB in an area of interest instead of trying to scroll threw whole lists of caches looking for that bug icon.

the map would probly need a color coding system to show how long a bug has been at the that place, and maybe another icon for MIA, sortof a last seen at thing. but you could zoom in on the map to specific regions, countries, states and then idefiy the bugs and it would provide links to the cache the its suppose to be in and the TBs personal pa

whack.gif

Dodger, I think you're confusing one map with another. I believe Welch is asking about a mapping system that shows the last known locations of multiple travel bugs in an area, not the movements of an individual travel bug.

It would look something like this:

mapgen?lon=-88.2285&lat=41.6425&iwd=200&iht=200&wid=1.5&ht=1.5&mark=-88.44825,41.79438,REDDOT7;-87.81523,41.49895,REDDOT7;-87.56963,41.56783;-87.91487,42.2761,REDDOT7;-88.67578,42.79337,REDDOT7

BTW - that's an actual map of the current travel bugs in the Chicago area, through some tedious work.

There is currently no feature that shows in a map format where the bugs are in your area. The only solution, which you've already alluded to, is to go through the nearby caches, 25 at a time, looking for the travel bug icon - and then clicking on that individual cache.

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

Since Jeremy is already working on an expanded search engine (so he says - but when's the release?) - what about another limiting variable to caches that currently have Travel Bugs logged into them? That way, you could do a quicker search of a radius of 100 miles from a location and only see the caches with Bugs.

Jeremy?

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

that would make it easier to find TBs, if it could built into the search engine i'd use it, and it would be eaiser than setting up whole nothing mapping data base wouldnt it?

markwell, do you make that map? or get off another site?

whack.gif