New feature request Print multiple listings

bhc91

I would like to be able to print multiple listings, similar to downloading multiple waypoints. Please consider adding an additional option or check-box on the listing to not only "Download to EasyGPS" but also to "Print Listing". When I go on an extended vacation, it takes me a couple of seconds to download the waypoints but sometimes an hour or more to print the associated cache listing.

Thanks,

Bert

Perhaps I was not clear enough. The printer speed is not an issue. Sending each of several cache pages to the printer individually is what takes me too long. I often download/print 50 or more caches for a week-long trip. Clicking "Print Target" from the table of "found" caches is very tedious. I would like to be able to select ALL of the pages found with a search and not only download them but print them all too.

Bert.

What if the other option for the cache pages was not ebook format but RTF? I liked that suggestion in the other thread. If the pages were in RTF format, any word processor could read them - Word or Word Perfect or even the freebie WordPad, and (I presume) a Palm. I think that would solve the same problem.

Interesting - you only find infrequently, but you print off 50 at a time? Just curious...

Markwell

Chicago Geocachers

I cut & paste the cache name, coords and description into a MS Word document. I set up a 2-cell table, and insert the Mapquest map at the zoom I need. Then I go and delete all the unnecessary stuff (cache contents, etc) and format the text down to Arial 8. On one sheet of legal size paper I can usually fit 4 caches and their maps. Start to finish the whole procedure (for 4 caches) takes about 10 minutes. The mapquest part is the slowest - no cable modems out here, only good old Ford Model T 56K.

This system has worked for me, and I only print it out the day before going on a caching tour.

GPComd

Contents under pressure, do not puncture.

MARKWELL said "Interesting - you only find infrequently, but you print off 50 at a time? Just curious..."

Good point! I live in a very remote area with few "local" geocaching opportunities. Therefore, I am only able to hunt dense cache areas during my one or two vacations each year. As you will note in the next couple of days, I have searched I think 10 and found 7 in the past week. I load and print ALL caches in the area I will be vacationing as I do not have a laptop or internet access while vacationing (I usually camp in an area and geocache within 50 miles of that area and I like to have the option of picking which caches to search for based on where I might decide to go each day.

Thanks for the reply.