How do I search for premium only caches?

Wolfiesden

Topic?

Since I paid, it seems not to indicate "Premium" on the caches any longer. How do I tell which are which and how can I search for only premuim or search for non-premium?

I am going to be adding my granddaughter to the roles here as a free accnt so she can get credit for our finds too. Since I can't tell which are and are not premium now and I can't search specifically for or not for them, how do I tell, short of logging into a 3rd free account and searching.

Since I paid, it seems not to indicate "Premium" on the caches any longer.

It should. Where are you not seeing it? I see the following indications of "Premium Member Only":

-On the cache page, the red text "This is a Premium Member Only cache." below the difficulty and terrain ratings.

-On a list of caches, the small_profile.gif icon in the "Info" (6th) column.

-In the iPhone app, an orange bar saying "Premium" below the cache name in list view, or below the coordinates in the specific cache page.

As a side note, if you're worried about your granddaughter not being able to log PMO caches, there's actually a workaround. Groundspeak is fully aware of it and is fine with people using it. The quickest way to do it would be to go to http://www.geocachingadmin.com/, enter the GC code in the first field (GC Code:), and click "Log". It will take you to a new log entry for that cache under the currently-logged-in account. Basic members can log PMO caches using this method.

Since I paid, it seems not to indicate "Premium" on the caches any longer.

It should. Where are you not seeing it? I see the following indications of "Premium Member Only":

-On the cache page, the red text "This is a Premium Member Only cache." below the difficulty and terrain ratings.

-On a list of caches, the small_profile.gif icon in the "Info" (6th) column.

-In the iPhone app, an orange bar saying "Premium" below the cache name in list view, or below the coordinates in the specific cache page.

As a side note, if you're worried about your granddaughter not being able to log PMO caches, there's actually a workaround. Groundspeak is fully aware of it and is fine with people using it. The quickest way to do it would be to go to http://www.geocachingadmin.com/, enter the GC code in the first field (GC Code:), and click "Log". It will take you to a new log entry for that cache under the currently-logged-in account. Basic members can log PMO caches using this method.

Thank you! I had apparently adblocked images and it wasn't appearing. Removed the entry in ABP and its all good now. Still can't search for em though. Just have to blindly look at long lists. It really should be an include/exclude option.

Another poster pointed me to the backdoor entry page. Thanks for at least considering this as an option.

Pocket Queries have a parameter category of PMO caches.

Select that, and that is all you'll get. Select others to add them also. :)

EDIT to add: The PMO caches are there, it's just that there isn't that many compared to Member caches.

Have not investigated this pocket query thing. Links to what it is?

Well, something is fubar with the site here. Someone didn't fully explain things.

I don't recall ever getting a "you must agree to" page. This weekend I created several queries from a bookmark list. Honestly, I thought the site was very stupidly coded as I had to keep generating it over and over as I would loose it if I closed the browser or switched devices (laptop/phone). I can't believe the site lets me generate these PQs without agreeing to the TOS. I just noticed the dark red line at the top of the page just now. Clicked it, agreed and returned to the prior page. Suddenly all my PQs are listed. Seriously?

Someone needs to look into this, I can't imagine I am the only one who has done this. If someone is required to agree to the terms, darn it, take them there instead of putting an easily missed single line on the page and allowing them to be confused as to the functionality of the site and whether it was really working or not.