How about a new search feature?

brawdy

I would find it useful if I could search for words or terms entered into cache logs. For instance, I have a travel bug that went missing -- someone picked it up but never logged it. I'd like to find out if it has ever been mentioned in the course of another log somewhere. You know, the person who took it didn't realize how to properly log it, but may have mentioned it somewhere else (in a subsequent find).

=========================================================

Famous last words--"Ha ha! You stupid drag..."

Try going to google.com and enter the following as your search:

brawdy travel bug site: geocaching.com

This will search ONLY geocaching.com for the works BRAWDY TRAVEL BUG.

Good luck!

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

I've wished for the same thing, but haven't seen any good way to do it yet. Google's OK, but it seems like the vast majority of Geocaching.com pages aren't on Google at all. None of the forum discussions are (at least they weren't a month ago).

WWJD? JW RTFM.

Apologies in advance for my 156th predictable "you can do this in Watcher" posting.

You can do this in Watcher. Full-text search of the cache page for each cache in your pocket query GPX file. Only limitation: just the most recent five logs are included. But mainly I'm interested in searching the cache page text, written by the owner.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

quote:
Originally posted by travisl:

the vast majority of Geocaching.com pages aren't on Google at all. None of the forum discussions are (at least they weren't a month ago).

The forums are not on geocaching.com, they are on Groundspeak.com. In addition, I think the non-static nature of the forum pages make it almost impossible to search via google.

Why don't you just search the forums via the search (Find) feature?

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."