Pocket Query Question

wjw1741

I created a pocket query, and previewed it, selected the ones that I wanted downloaded, then downloaded them. My question, is how do I get them into my handheld? In the past I was going to each caches page one at a time and hitting download to GPS. Isn't there a quicker way?

I have the magellan explorist gc.

Thanks for the help.

That much I do understand. But when I download it, it only goes to my laptop, there is no option to put it on the GPS unit. That is where I am confused. How to I get it on the GPS unit? I tried right clicking and sending it to the unit, but it does not seem to work. What am I missing?

I too, am a little confused, but I think you plug in the GPS, open the window for the PQ, open the window for the GPS, and drag the PQ over to the GX file???

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

The last time I messed up is when I downloaded pictures from my Garmin Oregon, it deleted all the wallpaper pictures as well as the photos off the Garmin, forgot to un-check the delete pictures on the card..

That much I do understand. But when I download it, it only goes to my laptop, there is no option to put it on the GPS unit. That is where I am confused. How to I get it on the GPS unit? I tried right clicking and sending it to the unit, but it does not seem to work. What am I missing?

Oh ok - easy enough - hook the unit to your pc and it will show as a drive. Move the unzipped GPX file from the PQ into the GPX folder on the device. Unhook and go caching.

Ok, seems easy enough, however, I do not have a GPX folder. Here is what folders I do have:

APP

GEOCACHES

IMAGES

SYS

TRACKS

WAYPOINTS

And I noticed the file I moved from my pq is in there, but when I looked for the individual caches, they were no where to be found. Which makes me think I need to move the file, maybe unzip the file, or do something further to make it work.

Right now my file is listed as: geocaching.loc

Ok, seems easy enough, however, I do not have a GPX folder. Here is what folders I do have:

APP

GEOCACHES

IMAGES

SYS

TRACKS

WAYPOINTS

And I noticed the file I moved from my pq is in there, but when I looked for the individual caches, they were no where to be found. Which makes me think I need to move the file, maybe unzip the file, or do something further to make it work.

Right now my file is listed as: geocaching.loc

You downloaded the caches from the preview of the PQ - these come as .LOC files (geocaching.loc) which have very limited info. You have to select a day for the PQ to run and wait for the email saying it has (if it contains less than 500 caches the PQ is attached, if 501-1000 caches you have to download the PQ from the PQ tab). This PQ file is a zipped .GPX file, which contains all the data for the caches. Unzip the PQ and drag it to your Geocaches folder on the GPSr.