You know you're a geocacher when.......

Z3ROIN

Hi guys, thought this might be interesting, please finish the sentence of the title. Here is something i find myself doing regularly since i started geocaching, yes, i'm a complete weirdo haha.

....... you go to the supermarket and the first thing on your mind is the tupaware isle :laughing:

... you break into a cold sweat when you read woot.com has a deal on Lock & Locks.

... you give directions to other geocachers using geocaches as reference points.

... your vacation preperations involve Pocket Queries and using GSAK.

... you know which aisle has the spray paints and camo duct tape at your local supply store.

... you have the phone numbers of fellow cachers in your mobile and call them when you're having trouble with the find.

... you have the phone number of someone who answers the phone with, "It's in the bush."

... you carry extra, spare, back-up, auxiliary and reserve sets of batteries for your GPSr.

... you've accidenly sent an email to someone signed "TFTC!"

Yes this thread gets done many times and since some of you already posted the previous threads I won't have to.

Been a cacher for 6 years so I passed that phase except when .....

I see something that would make a nice container.

come up with an idea for a puzzle out of the blue.

Edited by jellis

I can't help it. Everywhere I go I've got an eye out for a good spot to hide one.

The funny thing is that I rarely hide them. Guess I'm still looking. :laughing:

My favorite was when I wrote out a check, which I rarely do, then put the date on it and then signed it Sol Seaker. Oops.

Now I'm careful to fill in the date on a check FIRST, and sign it last. Less chance of signing the wrong name.

You spend your time coming up with stuff like this and other people actually know what your writing about

I. Thou shalt obey all terms and conditions as set forth by Geocaching.com

II. Thou shalt not take up unnecessary log space with very large signature, especially is space is limited.

III. Thou shalt not hoard geocoins or travel bugs for the purpose of keeping them forever.

IV. Thou shalt not steal the cache container of another for thine own cache or because thou likest.

V. Thou shalt not hide in sensitive habitat

VI. Thou shalt obtain permission prior to hiding on private property and include in cache listing it has been granted.

VII. Thou shalt not leave cache exposed, unless it is to be done so by design.

VIII. Thou shalt not leave anything food-like in a cache, no mints, no gum, no cough drops, nothing which may be ingested.

IX. Thou shalt trade even or better for worse on swag.

X. Thou shalt maintain thine cache or retire it, no walking away from your responsibility.

Oh, and here's more from the Motherlode:

You just might be one

You Know You Cache Too Much When ...

You might be a geocacher if...

You Might Be A Geocacher If............, share your thought.

You Know You Are Addicted To Geocaching When...

You Know You're a Geocacher when...

You know you're a Geocaher when...

You spend your time coming up with stuff like this and other people actually know what your writing about

I. Thou shalt obey all terms and conditions as set forth by Geocaching.com

II. Thou shalt not take up unnecessary log space with very large signature, especially is space is limited.

III. Thou shalt not hoard geocoins or travel bugs for the purpose of keeping them forever.

IV. Thou shalt not steal the cache container of another for thine own cache or because thou likest.

V. Thou shalt not hide in sensitive habitat

VI. Thou shalt obtain permission prior to hiding on private property and include in cache listing it has been granted.

VII. Thou shalt not leave cache exposed, unless it is to be done so by design.

VIII. Thou shalt not leave anything food-like in a cache, no mints, no gum, no cough drops, nothing which may be ingested.

IX. Thou shalt trade even or better for worse on swag.

X. Thou shalt maintain thine cache or retire it, no walking away from your responsibility.

Oh, and here's more from the Motherlode:

You just might be one

You Know You Cache Too Much When ...

You might be a geocacher if...

You Might Be A Geocacher If............, share your thought.

You Know You Are Addicted To Geocaching When...

You Know You're a Geocacher when...

You know you're a Geocaher when...

When you take the time to link all the duplicate threads :)

And you know you're a forum regular when you immediately recognize the topic and dredge up a few of the previous threads like this one. :lol:

The funny part is that a forum regular is just as likely to make a comment about dredging up an old thread and adding to it. :laughing:

Edited by Trinity's Crew

And you know you're a forum regular when you immediately recognize the topic and dredge up a few of the previous threads like this one. :lol:

The funny part is that a forum regular is just as likely to make a comment about dredging up an old thread and adding to it. :laughing:

Ah, now we're dealing with Forum Addiction? :anicute:

Hi guys, thought this might be interesting, please finish the sentence of the title. Here is something i find myself doing regularly since i started geocaching, yes, i'm a complete weirdo haha.

....... you go to the supermarket and the first thing on your mind is the tupaware isle :laughing:

my favorite is the spice aisle. 5th season chopped onions. 50 cents each and a way better container than a film cannister. I was buying them just for the container tossing out the product. but they're not bad.