TB Identification on iPhone

Red Starred

Using my iPhone when I start to log the drop of a Travel Bug I find that they are identified by their TB number rather than their Tracking Number. Thus, unless I have memorized all the TB numbers and their association with the TB names, i am at a loss as to which one is which. If the iPhone program identified each TB by its Tracking Number, which is engraved on each TB, the issue would be resolved.

Not critical, but certainly a nice enhancement to the program for the iPhone.

The tracking code on the ID is not shown on the listing pages because some cachers grab those codes to fraudulently log that they handled the TB.

Red Starred is talking about the iPhone app, not the website. When you go to drop a TB through the app, it displays the TB's name and TB code. If you're out in the field, and you're holding the TB with its engraved tracking code, the TB code isn't very helpful. I'd agree that it would make more sense to display the tracking code, since you would have needed it to get it into your inventory in the first place.

We very rarely use the iPhone app so didn't notice that this feature/bug had reappeared.

When dropping a trackable in a cache, having the 'TB' code is no use whatsoever.

It was reported and fixed in the days of the UserVoice forum so there's no trace of the original thread any more (not to us mere mortals anyway ;) )

This need to be fixed to as soon as possible to prevent the wrong trackables being logged into caches

This is not technically a bug, and so I'm moving it from the bug reports forum. The app has behaved like this for as long as I can remember, but I have a story in to change this behavior.

WELL THAT WAS A WASTE OF TIME WASN'T IT ????102.gif

It was already listed as a suggestion

Have a look back at the uservoice forum. It was definitely changed to list the tracking codes instead of the 'TB' code not long after the ability to drop trackables was added to the iPhone app

As this is no longer how it works, I would say it is a BUG

Mark