Freaking out!

I've gotten a few notices that a few of my caches were found. Usually I just read them in my email. Today I went to the cache page and a very new cacher is posting pictures of Every detail!!!!!!!!

This one Alliangel Green has gotten praise for being such a surprise container.

It won't be any more if this guy doesn't remove his pictures.

I wrote and asked/told him to remove the pictures from all his caches - said it was okay to show yourself signing the log but only the log, not the container and ok to take pictures of the area.

I can't remember - is there some way I can remove his pics? If not and he doesn't respond I will remove his log and tell him to log it again without pictures.

After I read this log I went to the cache page to see what was up. Elf #2

Yes, there is a homeless guy living down there, we've talked to him often, even friends with him on facebook. He found a tank from a large truck (milk/fuel type) and made a home for himself. The owners of the property know he's there and he does odd jobs for them. This area is a small lake where kids take swimming lessons, people fish & canoe.

It's not in some derelict spot.

I may post on the "other side" but really just ranting and wanting pics taken off.

If he doesn't delete the photos or respond within 24 hours, then delete the logs with an email to him saying you'd love to reinstate it without the photos.

That is a great container though. Thanks for sharing!!

We have a similar one near here that's rated a four difficulty. It sure was. I suspect yours is too. You might want to take a look at your difficulty rating. Someone who has found it is saying the same.

If he doesn't delete the photos or respond within 24 hours, then delete the logs with an email to him saying you'd love to reinstate it without the photos.

We have a similar one near here that's rated a four difficulty. It sure was. I suspect yours is too. You might want to take a look at your difficulty rating. Someone who has found it is saying the same.

Why would he deleted the log when he can just delete the photos?

Sol is probably not yet aware that she can delete just the pics.

Edited by GOF and Bacall

I'm working on getting rid of the pictures. noticed this person on their one and only cache put a picture up that is a huge spoiler.

it's one of my pride and joys - it's a large cooler. this part of the tree faces away from the path, up a small hill. I need to put another large piece of bark over it.

9c12db16-1576-47d8-b059-61b4333ed45f.jpg

Yes, there is a homeless guy living down there, we've talked to him often, even friends with him on facebook.

Come again?

I'd have to give up my house too if the sales guy talked me into a smartphone and all of the side features they offer....... :ph34r:

From what I understand, he walks to a nearby shop for a connection. He's a young man, just decided to check out of life for a while. I don't communicate with him on facebook but his posts are really strange.

I don't like the way the log was written up, would you be wanting to visit this lovely area if you read that?

oh, heck, it's only a game... but I put a lot of thought into each of my caches.

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!

Edited by Scrabblers

If he doesn't delete the photos or respond within 24 hours, then delete the logs photos yourself. with an email to him saying you'd love to reinstate it without the photos.

SOL is probably not yet aware that she can delete just the pics.

Oh sorry. Fixed it.

I'm always behind on new technology.

(when you capitalize all the letters in my name, it makes me feel so very out of luck)

Edited by Sol seaker

Yes, there is a homeless guy living down there, we've talked to him often, even friends with him on facebook.

Homeless guy's got Facebook?

He found a tank from a large truck (milk/fuel type) and made a home for himself. The owners of the property know he's there and he does odd jobs for them.

Well, he's not really homeless then, is he? He has a home, which he can proudly say he built for himself.

He's still at it.

I deleted pictures again this morning - got no response from last 2 notes I sent. Will write again and tell him the entire log will be removed and not just the picture if he continues to do it.

One he did of a friend's cache has someone pointing right to the very well camoed cache in an old tree.

Edited by Scrabblers

Okay, here we go again.

Just a note to all those reading up to here.

This thread came out of "Off Topic" so that's why the responses were not always on topic.

We get a little crazy over there, so just to let you know why the responses were sometimes a little strange.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Carry on.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Okay, here we go again.

This thread came out of "Off Topic" so that's why the responses were not always on topic.

We get a little crazy over there, so just to let you know why the responses were sometimes a little strange.

Carry on.

Aw! I was going to make an off topic reply, but now it's too late. :(

:ph34r:

Okay, here we go again.

Carry on.

Do it! Maybe it'll get moved back again.

Okay, here we go again.

Carry on.

Do it! Maybe it'll get moved back again.

Hey.....! Are you trying to get me in trouble? :huh:

I'm working on getting rid of the pictures. noticed this person on their one and only cache put a picture up that is a huge spoiler.

it's one of my pride and joys - it's a large cooler. this part of the tree faces away from the path, up a small hill. I need to put another large piece of bark over it.

9c12db16-1576-47d8-b059-61b4333ed45f.jpg

unless its a puzzle, thats not really a spoiler. any n00b could find that with decent coords.