Android v2.3.1 Release Notes

I'm Geocaching I have been long established and have already cache

and pay a premium membership

and I want to ask why the application on your phone for premium members are not free

I like it I base geocaching caches at their own expense

So when you pay a premium to what the problem have included applications.

Thank PEGY CZECH REPUBLIC

I'm Geocaching I have been long established and have already cache

and pay a premium membership

and I want to ask why the application on your phone for premium members are not free

I like it I base geocaching caches at their own expense

So when you pay a premium to what the problem have included applications.

Thank PEGY CZECH REPUBLIC

It's not free because you are downloading it from the Google Play Store Google doesn't know whether or not you're a Premium Or Basic Member

Technically, it would be no problem to check if someone is premium or not - and to handle the features of the app according to his payment.

Another solution would be to share the .apk-File directly over the geochaching.com-Site, without Google Market/Play.

But the reason for the actual solution is simple - Groundspeak earns more money this way.

And that's okay, in some way.

The Android version also lacks "additional waypoints". Which makes it unusable for multies.

Please update this.

If you are saying that you cannot define new waypoints, you are incorrect. It is, I believe, accessible from the compass screen while navigating to a cache. I'm sorry, I don't use it enough to be certain of where it is located, but I know it is there.

I cannot figure out how to get the menu to come up so that that the settings may be modified.
First hit the menu key. One my device, it's between the back key and the home key.

Then select "Settings" from the menu that appears at the bottom of the screen.

Several comments...

First specific feedback:

Not having offline maps to display lots of caches is a royal pain. It makes the app much LESS useful for those of us who have WiFi only TABLETS. But it looks like the GC app is close to being able to do it. First of all, for an individual cache, the GC app can already use the Android "Maps" application. However, there is even a problem there, because of how it searches the map - it searches for an entry on the map by name, instead of just by coordinates. So, if the GC app were changed to 1) add this capability to the Street/Satellite options already available and 2) located the geocache by coordinate instead of just name, it ought to work. It ought to be pretty easy to do - after all, you already do it for an individual cache! (All the user would then have to do is remember to zoom in on the area of interest while they have a WiFi connection so that the Maps application would cache the data, from what I can see on my tablet).

The offline list mode only lets you load one GPX file at a time. Instead, suggest it be possible to identify a directory and have it auto-load GPX files from there (like my Garmin Colorado does), and (perhaps as an option) then automagically do that every time the GC app starts.

The navigation using the bar at the bottom of the screen, instead of built in menus is really clunky and counter-intuitive. Navigation is most often anything but intuitive (basically, it sucks). For example, to add a new GPX file to the offline list, you have to go to Settings. That capability should be available when you tap Offline Lists.

There should be a way to visually distinguish found caches. At least by color if you are stuck using the silly Google pin symbols.

The Pocket Query list should also have the "My Finds" entry if it exists.

The tutorial is pretty useless. Help is even more useless.

Then some general feedback:

First of all, the feedback item for the Android application sends you to GC.com/feedback, which is really your notice that you aren't taking (direct) feedback any more. Kind of cheesy, if you ask me.

I agree with others who complained that they already paid for a premium membership - and then have to pay an additional fee for the application.

Krompidjo, I'm not sure I understand your question correctly. But to bring up the menu, you usually use a hardware button, i.e. a button on your phone. I don't know your phone model, but when I look at the symbol, I guess it is the button in the bottom right corner. The button showing two square boxes. Does this help?