Geocahing along route

S&Gtlf

No problem - visit this page: http://www.geocaching.com/my/userroutes.aspx

click on the create a new route tab

Just be careful you don't fall into the trap I did. I wanted to do a series on 30-40 mile route, all of which I knew would be within .1 mile of the road. I established a route and used a very small radius. When the route displayed on the map, it appeared to faithfully follow the road but when PQ displayed it clearly showed that instead of the road, link segments were used to construct the query. This meant that some caches on outside corners were omitted. When I reran it with a much larger radius all the caches were picked up.

On a casual vacation route this might not be important but it could be if there are some scenic overlooks that have caches that get missed by the plotting method used.

Depending on your length of route, you may need to run multiple PQ's for a sufficient amount of distance from the route.

I used this for our 225 mile trip last summer. I set the route and made it as wide as possible to max out the PQ (1000). I think it ended up being 2 miles wide along that route After the PQ was run, I simply sorted by favorite points and picked a few caches along that route to actually go to and cached in the general area.

You may need to create multiple PQ's to get a total of 5000 (or whatever your gps holds) for the trip onto your GPS.