Samsung Galaxy S2 user and Wherigo

Lil Miss Nirpaw

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere (but I can't find it) but I could really use some help! I have the andriod Whereyougo app, but want to get cartriges to it so I can play. Have discovered that downloading in the field is a fail, and have spent a chunk of this morning trying to link my laptop and Samsung to allow me to copy files over.

I have tried to download everything I need to from the Wherigo site (Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Redistributable Package) and tried to get the microsoft activsync (but it tried to get me to discover a windows mobile phone, I like my s2 thanks!)

I need a simple oh-my-god-you-are-download-illiterate dumbies guide to getting stuff on my phone.

Oh, and is it really important to get an sd card? I am meaning to get one but not managed to as yet.

Please help, I really want to play this on my own phone, not follow others/use someone elses garmen

Many many thanks in advice for even reading this (and maybe smirking as I bet it is really easy)

I need to understand this before my other half tries to download this on his, (Motorola Atrix - with SD card) as then the laptops and phones might not survive!

you do need the SD card.

that's why you had trouble linking the phone and the PC - after you install a SD card, the phone will simply show up as a new drive and you can copy files over

(technically, the phone will act as a SD card reader, so you can do all this in a different SD card reader and put the card in the phone afterwards)

when that works, the steps are simple:

1. connect the phone (you might have to click something like "connect USB storage" on the phone)

2. create a Whereyougo folder on the phone

3. put the cartridge(s) into that folder

4. safely disconnect

the cartridges should then show up in WhereYouGo app